cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering barcodes in a table/ALV of a WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here's my need. In every line of a table/ALV, and in one given column, we want to enter a barcode, by the help of a scanner. To be clearer, in each line, we enter one barcode. And we would like after entering one barcode in a line, that the cursor automatically jumps to the next line. You will answer that we simply may configure the scanner, so that it calls ENTER after entering the barcode. This supposes first that it exists an EVENT that can be raised when ENTER is pressed (or called in our case), in which we would program the field in which the cursor will be. I'm not sure of this, because I don't know very much the table element, neither the ALV. Can you confirm it ?

But anyway, the client does not want to configure his scanners so they call enter after reading the barcode...

So, is there an event that can be raised when the field is entirely filled ? In the same way as for instance when we fill our windows licence key : when we have filled 4 digits, the cursor automatically goes to the next digits group.

So finally, what should I use to implement my need ? Table element or ALV ?

Maybe you would answer too to a more general question : what is the difference between the TABLE element and an ALV, in terms of events ? Do both provide the same events, or one provides more event than the other ?

Thanks a lot.

Julien.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>So, is there an event that can be raised when the field is entirely filled ? In the same way as for instance when we fill our >windows licence key : when we have filled 4 digits, the cursor automatically goes to the next digits group.

No. There is only the onEnter event for inputFields in Web Dynpro ABAP.

>Table element or ALV ?

With the table you can place the inputField as a cell editor and directly have access to the onEnter event. The events of the ALV are more "abstracted" because the ALV is a component usage instead of a native UI element. You can read more about the ALV events in the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/42/fb6b4046a21bc8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm