Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Content Not Rendering

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed "Adobe Flash Islands for Web Dynpro ABAP u2013 Tutorial #1" by Thomas Jung and created a Flex project and used it in Web Dynpro ABAP component.

I have used following configuration: -

1. Flex Builder (Compiler 3.0)

2. WDIslandLibrary30.swc

and

3. SAP R/3 Box ECC 6.0 NW 7.1 EHP-4

When I run this Web Dynpro ABAP application, I can see just a black space at Flash content place.

Any idea what is missing here?

I tried similar task in Web Dynpro JAVA (NW 7.1 EHP-1) and it worked fine.

Please help.

Thanks and regards,

Amey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Your list of steps sounds fine. It must be some detail missed. But without more information about your application it is difficult to suggest exactly what is wrong. You might place some alert messages into your Flex Component to see where you are reaching in the Flex side. Is initialization even taking place?

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for replying.

1. I am trying to build a demo application where a Pie chart control is displayed along with a Table UI element in WD ABAP component.

Here is the code I have written in Flex-->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" 
	layout="vertical" 
	verticalAlign="top" 
	horizontalAlign="center" 
	backgroundGradientColors="[0x000000,0x323232]" 
	paddingTop="0"
	initialize="initApp()">

<mx:Script>
	<![CDATA[
		import sap.FlashIsland;
		import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
		[Bindable]
		public var dataSource:ArrayCollection;
		[Bindable]
		public var Medal:String;
		[Bindable]
		public var Count:String;

public function initApp():void
		{
			FlashIsland.register(this);
		}
		private function displayGold(data:Object, field:String, index:Number, percentValue:Number):String {

var temp:String= (" " + percentValue).substr(0,6);
			return "Total "+ data.Medal + ": " + data.Count + '\n' + temp + "%";
		}	

]]>

2. I used same .SWF file in implementing same demo using WD JAVA. And it is working fine. The Flash content is being displayed properly.

It is the WD ABAP component where I am facing problem.

3. I tried putting Alert message in flash. And yes, the alert is displayed. It means it is going into the flash.

Any more thoughts and ideas?

Thanks and regards,

Amey

Thomas, I wanted to tell you this from very long time. Your blogs and wikis about Web Dynpro ABAP, Flex are absolutely superb!! It helped me in self learning WD ABAP and Flex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amey,

Please check the following things if you have done properly. May be you might have checked already. But just to see if everything is proper:

1. Did you specify the swf filename in FlashIsland view? this might be correct as you were able to see Alerts from Flex code.

2. Did you set width for FlashIsland view? if you didnt, set width to 100%

3. And do you have debug version of flash player installed on your system? If there are some runtime errors also, you will see blank space in place of FlashIsland. And you wont be able to see the runtime error if you dont have debug version of flash player installed. please install the same and check if you dont have.

If still you are able to face the issue after verifying above mentioned things, please let us know.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Srilatha

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srilatha,

Thanks for reply.

Out of 3 points you mentioned, No. 1 & 2 are already taken care of.

I am totally unaware about Point# 3.

I have downloaded "flashplayer_10_ax_debug.exe" from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Is this what I have to download and install?

How do I use this debugger?

I am still wondering about how this SWF file is working with WD JAVA application.

Thanks and regards,

Amey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amey,

Yes thats the one you have to install. After you install it, try to run your application. If incase there are any runtime errors in flex code, you will get the stack trace in a popup.

As you are saying that the same swf is working in WD java, there might not be any issues in flex project.

Just one more check: see if the service correspoding to your web dynpro application is active. I hope it will be active only but just check once again. Goto SICF trasaction and give "/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/<your application name>" in service path and filter it.

check if this service is active. If not activate the same.

Also check if you are able to access the demo applications from sap. You can check the component "DEMO_FLASH_BARCHART".

Another thing you can try is create a simple flex application with only a label or button and upload the swf file as MIME object in web dynpro component and try to display it.

Please revert back if you still face the issue!

Regards,

Srilatha

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If the same island worked in WDJ, then it seems likely that something is wrong in your WDA application itself. Check the mapping of the names between the dataset and the child UI elements of the FlashIsland within your View. If no data is showing up, but initialization occurs (which you know because of the alert), then generally the most likely cause is incorrect name mapping.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Adobe Flash Player issue.

Worked fine with Mozilla.