cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project controlling with Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SolMan community,

we just finalized in a SAP Retail implementation project the planning for the release phase. Input for the planning activities were numerous functions that were already created in SolMan. We decided to use Excel to conduct a bottom-up / top-down planning. The SolMan function defines the scope. For every function we defined planning elements, namely start/due dates for functional documents, business concepts, customizing, development (RICEFW), and most important the unit test date for the function. The problem we have is that we have the SolMan content and the release planning excel in parallel and might suffer from a redundant maintenance. The release plan has almost 1.500 planning lines in it, and keeping it consistent with SolMan is something likely impossible. Has anyone experience in using SolMan for project control in release phase? I need various views on the SolMan content for my project control, but can´t see that SolMan reports give me the flexibility I have with Excel. And even if you download them to Excel there is still some maintenance required before one can use them for controlling purposes.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

If you have maintained an implementation project in the SAP Solution Manager with transactions SOLAR01/SOLAR02 you have a lot of reporting possibilities with transaction SOLAR_EVAL.

Best regards,

Veit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition take a look on the respective work centers.

Also you might want to activate the BI reporting, e.g. for test plan status progress history reporting.

Regards

Martin