Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager as CEN - Auto-Reaction Method suspension

Fabrizio_Irmici
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

after a few days I have successfully installed my monitoring infrastructure, based on my Solution Manager working as Central Monitoring System (CEN). Now SSM is connected to many SAP istances and I receive an email when some problem occur, for example when an istance doesn't run properly.

A simple question: while offline backup is running for one of my instances I don't obviously want to receive emails, so is it possible to manage Auto-Reaction Methods based on specific periods during the day?

Thanks all!

Fabrizio

Edited by: Fabrizio Irmici on Jul 1, 2010 3:41 PM

Edited by: Fabrizio Irmici on Jul 1, 2010 3:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also setup an Alert Management (ALM) either on Solution Manager or any Netweaver based system. ALM allows you control alerts more narrowly. You could have a rule for that specific system where no alerts are sent given a specific time window.

It's great for setting rules that say - send an email when XX system has an issue during these hours. Then after work or during the night shift, send an SMS text instead of an email. ALM is very powerful and can be used by all SAP solutions - ERP, SCM, Solution Manager, Portal - etc etc. It's basically a rules based system for routing alerts. Also allows you to do escalations and force people to confirm alerts when they have acknowledged them.

Hope this gives you another option.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may reset your alerts to avoid auto reaction methods occuring during the offline backup time.

Rajeev