cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany scenario error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am getting a error while executing Intercompany scenario.

the details as below,

I have two sales org-

2000 / US / US -- selling org and Plant is 2000 , CC- US01

3000 / MX / MX--- delivering org and Plant is 3000, CC-MX01

I have completed the config for Intercompany, when I try to create order with selling org and try to put the plant at item level- 3000 ( delivering plant belongs to different company code)

I am getting error like Sales ares 2000 / US / 10 is not defined , I am surprised with this message. where division 10 comes from? as I have checked Division is maintain in Material is US.

can you help me out on the issue.

also provid me inputs on Assign organizational unit by plant-- for which plant we need to assign sales org and which sales org??

at present I have assigned delivering plant to selling org, is this correct?

Regards,

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The division "10" you refer occurs because it is by default assigned in the following path...

>IMG - SD - Billing - Intercompany Billing - Assign org unit to plant - Supplying plant to Receiving sales area

Though the thread is a bit old, I hope it will help someone in future...

Thanks & Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit,

Please check the item devision setting in the sales document level (VOV8), if the item division tick is checked. in case you should use the header division then this should be unchecked. check the help for the same checkbox field, pasted below.

"Division in sales order item comes from the material

Indicates whether the division at the item level is proposed from the material master record of the item or whether the division you enter in the sales document header also counts for all items."

Regards,

Sushant

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You have to assign 3000 / MX / MX to plant 3000. This will be the sales area for the IC invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is understood that the supplying plant is 2000; the receiving plant is 3000.

So, Plant 2000 acts as a vendor; Plant 3000 acts as a customer.

1. create customer master XXXX in the sales area 2000/US/10.

2. Enter this customer XXXX in the STO configuration for the plant 3000.

3. In the STO configuration, enter the sales area as 2000/US/10 for the plant 2000.

4. Create a vendor YYYY ;enter the plant 2000 in the vendor master YYYY.

5. Create the material in 2000/US/10 and extend to 3000/MX/10.

6. Follow the transactions.

Hope this information will be useful to you.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharati,

Your assumption is wrong, I am not using sales org 2000 / US / 10 at all.

My Selling org is 2000 / US / US------ Plant 2000 is Assigned to this Sales Area

Delivering org is 3000 / MX / MX------ Plant 3000 is Assigned to this Sales Area

Delivery Plant is 3000. where is s receiving plant?

in order I am changing a plant - 3000 which is delivering plant.

But when I create the order I am getting error like Sales Area- 2000 / US / 10 is not set up... where as Div-10 I am not using at all.My question is where this division 10 comes from?

And If I remove the plant at itel level my sales area is properly determined ie 2000 / US / US.

Also---

Item Division is checked in Order type.

Regards,

Abhijit

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your config for sales doc at

Use Tcode SPRO

>IMG - SD - Sales - Sales Doc - Sales Doc Header - Assign Sales Area to Sales Doc Type

Info - Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types

In this menu option, you allocate the allowed order types to each sales area group.

You do not need to make any entries at all if all the sales order types are allowed for each of your sales areas.

If you wish to check allowed sales document types, you must set up common sales areas. This means you must define common sales organizations, common distribution channels and common divisions. If, for example, you have define common divisions, then you must also define common distribution channels and sales organizations.

Example 1 (simplest case):

Only the sales document type "standard order" (OR) should be allowed for a specific sales area <0001/01/01> (that means: sales organization 0001, distribution channel 01, division 01). The following activities are required for this:

1.1) Activity "group together sales organizations":

Sales org. Ref.sales org.

0001 0001

1.2) Activity "group together distribution channel":

Sales org. Distr.ch. Distr.ch. Doc.type

0001 01 01

1.3) Activity "group together divisions":

Sales org. Division Division Doc.type

0001 01 01

1.4) Activity "assign allowed order types to sales areas":

Ref.sales Distr.ch. Division Sales doc.type

0001 01 01 OR

Example 2:

The above settings should also be used for the sales area <0002/01/01>. In addition, the following activities required:

2.1) Activity "group together sales organizations":

Sales org. Ref.sales org.

0002 0001

2.2) Activity "group together distribution channels":

Sales org. Distr.ch. Distr.ch. Doc.type

0002 01 01

2.3) Activity "group together divisions":

0002 01 01

In the activity "assign allowed order types to sales areas", there is nothing else to do.

Example 3:

The above settings should also be used for the sales area <0002/01/02>. In addition, the following setting is also required:

3.1) Activity "group together divisions":

0002 02 01

Further activities are not necessary.

Requirement - The sales organizations, distribution channels and divisions which you wish to use for grouping must be defined.

Activities -

1. Enter your group sales organization in the sales organization field.

2. Set the respective group distribution channel in the distribution channel field.

3. Enter your group division in the division field.

4. Set the sales document type permitted for this group sales area during the order entry in the sales document type field.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this JP.

Please read my question carefully,

Thanks JP

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check Intercompany config again, partcularly, creation on internal customer defining.

[INTERCOMPANY BILLING |http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sd/configuring-intercompany-billing.htm]

Thanks & Regards

JP