cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error/Exception handling in PI (Inbound Proxy)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need some help in PI Error handling.

If PI sends data to an ABAP inbound proxy and an error occurs in PI because of type mismatch (e.g. Unable to convert date).

This error is persistent in the PI monitor, but how do I let the Sender know that an error has occured?

regards,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I assume you have an asychronous scenario, correct?

What you could do is creating an alert informing you about such events via eMail.

To automate the process you could write a report scanning the messages in the PI Integration Engine and if an error is found you could trigger a message to be sent via PI to the sender. But the sender must be able to process this message.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

I am already aware of the Alert setting to send e-mail but the report that you mentioned is something I am unaware of.

Can you please spare some time and elaborate on this report?

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You can write your own report reading the ABAP tables SXMSP* (e.g. SXMSPMAST, SXMSPHIST, SXMSPERROR) and try to finde errorneous messages. If you find some you can trigger a message e.g. by calling the PI via RFC or via ABAP Client Proxy. Of course you have to design and configure this error sending scenario in your PI.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

How to handle such System error in Sync scenario.

Rgd

VP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that you have a doubt, if PI sends data to ABAP inbound proxy and an alert reaised due to type mismatch. Now, you would like to know how to acknowledge that sender to know about the alert?

First of all, get the payload and test in the message mapping, you will get know where exactly you got the error or check in the trace in Moni. You need to identify the issue and let the user know why exactly it failed.