cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Active Directory 2008 as UME datasource for AS Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are running SAP EP on top of a SAP AS Java using LDAP certification, so users

from MS Active Directory 2003 domain are trusted by the Portal

I've now a problem with the version upgrade of MS Active Directory from 2003 to 2008,

it seems only SAP AS ABAP supports MS AD 2008, and our instance is JAVA only

Note 983808 - "Certified LDAP servers" also confirm this

Do you know if AD 2008 is supported, if any note has been released about this and

any document to help me wiith this issue?

thanks in advance!

Rafael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member432219
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael

AD 2008 is supported for Netweaver AS Java however you'll need to refer to SAP note 1457499 - SPNego add-on

You will have to implement this new add-on in order to not use DES encryption with AD 2008 and Netwaever AS Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick, thanks for the answer

I checked the note and it refers about Windows 2008 and a scenario with SSO, that's not our case.

We just have AD as a LDAP UME datasource, users must still pass user and password which

is then checked and then login is authorized

you mentioned AD 2008 is supported for Netweaver AS Java, could you send me any document

or note with procedures or anything for configuring it ?

kind regards,

Rafael

former_member432219
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael

Sorry for the misunderstanding I assumed that you had kerberos authentication in place.

In anycase AD 2008 is supported for AS Java and if users will not use SSO to authenticate on the AS Java, but enter their Active Directory userid and password then it is the same configuration procedure as for 2003 Active Directory

You follow the documentation here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/12/7678123c96814bada2c8632d825443/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again Patrick,

our BASIS team tested and confirmed this info

kr,

Rafael

Answers (0)