cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM Request related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to validate if the request is empty in charm cycle before transporting request from development to quality system.

I'm following the path in spro ,

SPRO->SAP Solution Manager->Scenario-Specific Settings->Change Request Management->Extended Configuration->Change Transaction->Change Transaction Types->Make Settings for Change Transaction Types.

Regards,

Thirukumaran. R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thirukumaran,

When using the word request, are you meaning transport request or change document/ Change Request ? Because it is not clear to me especially when you give the IMG path...

In other words, do you want to check the correction is not empty (i.e. has a transport request which is not empty) or that the transport request is not empty ?

Best regards,

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stephane,

yes i want to check if the correction is empty systemo should throw message or it should not allow.

Regards,

Thirukumaran. Rq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

To check if the correction is empty, go to SPRO :

SAP Solution Manager --> Scenario-Specific Settings --> Change Request Management --> Extended Configuration --> Change Transaction --> Change Transaction Types --> Consistency Checks in Change Request Management --> Assign Conditions to Status Values

Then assign the condition ANY_CHANGES as it is configured for SDMJ Change Document. This will solve your problem.

Best regards,

Stéphane.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fernando_rocha1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thirukumaran,

ChaRM checks the empty requests when you trigger the action 'Release Transport Request'.

Please, go to the task list and check the logs for action 'Release Transport Request' and you will see an entry like this:

Attempting to delete empty transport requests (TW4K941162)...

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Fernando