cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage ABSENCES and AVAILABILITY in rpm_bupa_avl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a problem when importing employees' absences from SAP HCM to cProjects rpm_bupa_avl table.

We implemented a badi (inbound processing of time data by customer - method: PROCESS DATA) that creates two types of records in the RPM_BUPA_AVL:

- a record of the availability (the information taken from the Infotype 0007 of the employee in HCM);

- a record of the absences (the infotmation taken from the infotype 2001 of the employee in HCM).

However, our problem is that when I import time data (idoc with message type RPM_TIME from HR), records written in the rpm_bupa_avl are overlapping.

Example. An employee has availability of 8h from 01.01.2001 to 31.12.9999, but on 01.02.2010 has an absence. The badi takes the idoc data and writes in the rpm_bupa_avl two records:

- 01.01.2001 - 31.12.9999 AVL=8h

- 01.02.2010 - 01.02.2010 AVL=0h

When I try to staff the employee to a role a dump occurs because the table contains overlapping periods.

Thank you very much!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ema,

you need to ensure in your BAdi implementation that the records do not overlap. Ideally (for performance reasons) you also keep the number of records in RPM_BUPA_AVL low

i.e. one record for 01.Jan to 05 Jan with 8 hours is better compared to 5 records with 8 hours each.

Best regards

Thorsten