Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhide objects in linked child universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have a serious problem.

a hidden object on the master can not make it visible on the linked child universe.

is a serious problem, forcing me not to use the linked Universes.

anyone have any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally, when an object is hidden, it is either not meant to be used directly on the report, or purposely restricted to certain users only. You need to check with the universe designer on it first. And if you have a valid reason to use that object, he or she can grant you the proper right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have access to the master universe? That is where you need to unhide the object. You cannot do that from the child universe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Thomas

the object must remain hidden in the kernel universe.

but the object must be visible in the child universe.

I wanted to know if there is a way to achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio, an object cannot be hidden in the kernel universe and visible in the child universe. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of having it hidden.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not simply revoke access to the kernel universe? The child universe will inherit the visible status. Then make a new child universe that includes everything from the kernel and hides the appropriate classes. Grant users to that universe instead of the original kernel universe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Simon is right, unfortunately.

you can not make an object visible on the child universe if is hidden on a Kernell universe.

I think however this is a limit of linked universes.

I could find alternatives, but I have to create other kernell universes and other child universes.

Thanks to everyone for the help