cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document at Header Level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody assist me to resolve the below Scenario.

My client wants to add, a document at Sales order Header Level. whereas we have a provision to attach a document at Item level by Standard SAP. we need to use only DMS, not the Service object which is availble in standard.

can I get complete configuration steps to attach document at header level.

Thanks in advance,

rgds,

S.Dayananda Murthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to discussions in the following link

[;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eric,

Thanks for your mail. As I mentioned my quiry, using Service object it is possible. But my requirement is, by using Document Management System(DMS), we need to achieve this.

useful information will be rewarded.

Thanks,

S.Dayanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To attach AutoCAD Drawing, Excel sheet, Word documents or Documents in other formats, you can use DMS (Data Management System).

You can try this in your IDES.

For example, you want to attach a word document and a JPG file. These two documents should be stored in a system and should be available there; the path to the documents should not be changed.

Menu path: SPRO >> Cross App components >> Document Management >> Control Data >> Define Document type.

Select document type DMO (Demo document) for demonstration purpose. Select the document type DMO and click on u2018Define Object Linksu2019.

Here you can see many object links; but the sales document is missing. You can add the sales document here. Click u2018New entriesu2019; enter Object as VBAP, screen number 215; save the settings.

Create Document: The transaction code is CV01N. Enter the document type is DMO. Hit on enter key; the window will be opened. Give description u2018Sales document attachmentsu2019. At the bottom of the screen, click on u2018Open Originalu2019 button. Select the documents you want to attach with the sales order one by one. Click on the u2018Objects Linksu2019 tab. There you can find the u2018Sales document itemu2019. Here enter the sales order number u2018XXXXu2019 and the item number u2018YYu2019. Save the document. Note the document number generated.

Now go to the change mode of the sales order u2018XXXXu2019; Extras >> Documents. Here you can find the documents created. If you click on the documents, the documents attached will be opened. In the similar way you can attach many documents to the concerned sales order.

Note: Further exploration is required to make DMS perfect.

Hope this may be useful to you.

Regards,

MH