cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger mitigation workflow within CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the necessary workflow types, Mitigation controls and Mitigation objects. I am able to trigger workflow when I create a control in RAR. How do I go about triggering workflow within CUP?

Currently, when I create a request, in one of the stages a risk analysis is mandatory. I am able to create or assign an existing mitigation control before the workflow process can continue. This works well. However, I would like a workflow to be triggered when somebody clicks on the 'create' mitigation control button as well as when somebody assigns an existing mitigation control.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Mo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muhammad,

What you are saying is that you wish to trigger workflow from within CUP itself when you are assigning/creating mitigation control from within CUP, right? If i got that right then i would say that it is not possible. For mitigation control creation/assignment the trigger is only RAR application and be done through that only. Since for such workflows the request types would be type MITCTRL and MITOBJ and not CUP..

I nice feature though if it would have been there. In case i got anything wrong, then kindly elaborate so that i could get clarity.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thatu2019s exactly what I am asking. I agree with you, it would be great if the functionality would be available. What I find very strange is that when you do a risk analysis and you pick up a violation the system allows you to assign an existing mitigating control or create a new mitigating control. Why would SAP allow you to create a new mitigating control in CUP without any approval? Any ideas?

Regards,

Mo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muhammad,

What i would suggest is that you raise it as an enhancement request to SAP by creating a CSS Message.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, will do.