cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA reports not getting generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When checked in SOLMAN ewa reports for our R/3 4.6c system are not getting generated.Logged into R/3 and checked in sdccn but there is no task report EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager in the done tab.Could anyone help us in troubleshooting the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

Had this been working?

SAP R/3 4.6C is supported for EWA and other session based services.

Typically Solution Manager schedules the SDCCN task automatically via the Maintenance Package task, if it was set up according to best practices.

You could follow SAP Note 207223, and instead of sending the data to SDCC_OSS, you can send it to the SM_<SID>CLNT<CLNTNO>_BACK RFC. This is also how you can have another Solution Manager that is not the Master also generate EWA reports. If this works, you can schedule it as a periodic task so it resubmits itself each week.

If this works, it means there is an issue with the automatic scheduling on Solution Manager. One thing that can break this is when ther are systems with duplicate DBIDs which is the installation + the first 3 characters of the SID. This must be unique.

Check in SMSY that there is not another system defined under the same installation number with the same name.

i.e. SOL and SOL_00001 or SOL_NBAP. This may happen if you are using SLD and If that is the case, there will be an missing entry in the declaration for SOL ( in this example) and when landscape_fetch runs the SOL_00001 or SOL_NBAP will be created, because they have the proper declarions and views it as a different system. When these SOL* systems are under the same installation number, SOlution Manager can't properly distinguish which system is really SOL. Data from the wrong service sessions can be written or not written to the proper one, and as it relates to your issue, it can stop Solution Manager for actually scheduling the SDCCN task on the Satellite system. This would be fixed by properly declaring the affected system in SMSY and removing the *_00001 or *_NBAP entries.

I hope this information assists you to 1) Test if you can schedule the SDCCN task manually from the satellite and 2) Identify the most likely reason why the automatic scheduling by Solution Manager would just stop on one, or some systems.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

go into SMSY into your landscape you created, find the system of interest and check if the box is green. if its green then its in monitored state and this should trigger a task to be created in the remote system's SDCCN. Also check in SMSY that you have defined your RFC connections to that system and back to SolMan from the remote system. Check in the remote system's SDCCN that your SolMan system is defined as the main monitoring system and not SAP so that EWA data is sent into SolMan.

if for whatever reason data from the remote system was not sent then its likely to be log on failure or maybe permissions. the jobs EXEC:SERVICES is what runs and generates the word document in DSWP every monday. make sure also that in the remote system's SDCCN you run the "Maintenance Package" task once everyday, this is will SolMan "what task you have for me to do?" and this will pick up the EWA task.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally EWA reports have been generated.The issue was due to the system missing in SMSY but in the table SMSY_SYSTEM the system was existing.So had to delete the system and recreate the system and push the data.in DSWP i can see the reports but when i check in SOST i cannot see a mail corresponding to it.Can we trigger manually the email.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

firstly ensure you have txn SCOT configured in client 000 and test you can send yourself an email without a failure using workplace. in DSWP you can configure it to send you an email of the EWA report by selecting your landscape of interest, go to Edit menu option and select Automatic Email Transmission, enter your email address and wait until Monday to get a massive email.

Regards,

Mani

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

You can also read the document "Activating EarlyWatch reports in solution manager" that can be found at service.sap.com/ewa.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give this document a shot. It may be a little old - but it is still technically relevant. I still use it and just connected a PI 7.11 system.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/e0f35bf3-14a3-2910-abb8-89a7a294cedb]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have configured properly EW Alert at Solution Manager, It could be a problem with your communications.

First of all, check at your satellite system if BACK RFC is working, if not it should be the reason for not having any EW Alert task at SDCCN transaction.

If you check Refresh Sessions log, you could have more information about this error.

I hope it could help you.

Best regards,

Tomas.