cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down List Record Limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with a Standard Drop Down List whose list items come from an internal table

populated during Code Initialization.

I noticed that if the no. of records in the internal table reaches around 15,000 records

I get "No Job Started" / Render errors, errors during form generation.

Is there a way around this?

I am using Adobe LCD 8.2.

Regards,

Miguel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

The table also has MAKTX description field.

Yes the requirement is a bit unreasonable to have all this master data available offline.

In any case, I'm looking into SAP Note 905753.

Regards,

Miguel

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Will be cool to understand if there is a documented limit, but I am afraid no such thing exists. Maybe there is some number limit (you cannot push more than X rows) or a performance one (the service does not wait until all the tousands of rows are transferred), but I am afraid that is not documented. Unfortunatelly.

Otto

p.s.: good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

In this case I am selecting materials MATNR, in the actual form it is filtered by drop-downs like Plant and Material Group.

So 15,000 will not be the actual number of records in the drop-down, its the no. of rows in my internal table

during Code Initialization.

So the problem is more on the size limit of Global Data passed to the form, which causes No Job Started.

I was hoping someone encountered this, before I proceed with work-arounds.

Regards,

Miguel

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you have a table of MATNRs only? Or something like TYPE TABLE OF MARA with 15 tousand?

Well... I would never pass that many records, I would rather change my scenario not to have to find any solutions/ workarounds for this. 15.000 is not usable in any way, in DD or in any other field.

I can understand you have a task to work on but I would try hard to change the task.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must be kidding:)) Why would you send like 15,000 items into the DD? Is this usable in your opinion? Not in mine.

Why don´t you use for example two DDs, connected to each other. One used for category and one for detail and both would have like 100 items (onSelect in first DD, filter the second DD).

Otto