Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center derivation in Sales Order

former_member1195642
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I have a requirement where profit center should be derived in sales order on the combination of customer country and plant.

In standard SAP it can be defaulted at plant level from material master.

How can this be defaulted on Customer country and shipping plant.

Looking for experts opinion.

Regards,

Neeraj Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member1195642
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

former_member225513
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neeraj,

It is possible to achieve this by using Profit Center Substitution in Sales Orders but as per your requirement Customer country is not available in Table fields but wherein Plant is available. Please find the below example process

The profit center is entered in the material master in the Sales: general/plant view.

When sales order is created the profit center in the material master will be populated in the sales order line item profit center field, which is present in the account assignment tab. This is the standard SAP behaviour.

To substitute the profit center, substitution rules have to be created. To define the substitution rules, use transaction 0KEM or the menu path IMG -> Enterprise Controlling -> Profit Center Accounting -> Assignments of Account Assignment Objects to Profit Centers -> Sales Order -> Sales Order Substitutions -> Define Substitution rules. Once in this transaction, click on Substitution icon to create a new substitution rule.

Enter the code say ZZ01 and description of the substitution rule and click on save.

Select the new substitution rule i.e. ZZ01 and click on the Step icon. System will give a pop up window in which the second option (profit center) has to be selected. Press enter or click on the green OK icon.

After pressing enter, another pop up box will be seen. Here, select the first option i.e. constant value and press enter.

You will be taken to the Step 001 - Overview screen. Enter the description for the Step and then click on Pre-requisites on the left side.

In the next screen, double click on EC-PCA: Substitution in Sales Order under List of Structures. In the next screen, select the item based on which the substitution has to be done. For eg: Division in item.

After you double click on Division in item, you will find the Division in item in the box above. After this click on "=" button which is next to the table fields. You will now find "=" next to Division in item in the box above.

Now click on constant button. System will give a pop up box in which enter the division number on which the substitution rule has to be built for eg. Division 10 i.e. whenever the division at item level is equal to 10 the profit center has to be replaced. After entering the value, press enter. After this you will find in the box above Division in itm = '10'.

Click on Substitutions on the left hand side. On the right hand side enter the profit center number which has to be populated (i.e. the profit center that has to be substituted with) in the sales order line item if the pre-requisite is met. Check the check box next to profit center also.

Click on the save icon. System will give a message save and generation successfully completed. The substitution rule is now created.

Now the substitution rule has to be assigned to the relevant controlling area. To do this, use transaction 0KEL or menu path IMG -> Enterprise Controlling -> Profit Center Accounting -> Assignments of Account Assignment Objects to Profit Centers -> Sales Order -> Sales Order Substitutions -> Assign Substitution Rules. To assign the substitution rule to the controlling area click on new entries and enter the controlling area, substitution rule and active status. Appropriate active status can be given as per requirement for eg: 3.

When the sales order is created, you can observe that the profit center for the line item is 'YYYY' because the pre-requisite is met i.e. the item division of the material in the line item is 10. This means even though in the material master the profit center is 'XXXX', it has been substituted by 'YYYY' based on the substitution rule logic

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For understanding refer SAP Note 173798 - User exit for PCA substitution and have look on tcode 0KEM.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sure, you know what a Profit Center is in simple terms ?? It is used to arrive Profit and Loss of a Company and used for internal control.

This being the case, why you want to link Customer Country which I find is illogical.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi