Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EP Portal is very very slow.

former_member182205
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I login to portal, its taking very long time aroud 10-15 mins to open, and once open If i click on User Administration TAB or any other TAB/Role that particular page is not at all coming. My portal is very very slow. Its almost dead

We have installed our portal server on linux machine and its EP7.0 SP 14

What could be the reason?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

michaelkil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

in our Portal I had the same issue. I checked the notes from you but the Portal was still slow.

I searched and found an old Federated Portal Entry under the System Administration Tab.

(/irj/portal -> System Administration\Federated Portal\Manage My FPN Connections\)

I have delete this and yes, everything works fine.

best regards

Michael

former_member182205
Participant
0 Kudos

ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

So how have you resolved the performance problems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This note is very important to performance in Java, check it in you system.

Note 1016241 - J2EE Engine hangs because of unsufficient system threads

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you post some more information about the portal server? Hardware? SAPS? How many users? It's only slow for you or for all users?

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

GC.log file will show not only Full GC but also the Garbage Collection (How our JVM memory works) i mean it show every thing about how our JVM memory and we canot identify the any of these activities by just reading the GC.log files are in binary format.

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

I request you to check the GC.log file, Human can not read the GC.log file, so please use any of tools like HP j-meter,

you will come to know that how JVM memory will work in the J2EE server.

You get any Perf related issues there are some tools in sap itself like pref-viewer etc..

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Human can not read the GC.log file,

Why not? The GC.log file is just showing how many gc's are taking place, what the size is of the memory segments and (maybe most important) if full gc's are taking place.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have many full gc's when accessing the portal? Is the portal jvm fully loaded into real memory, or do you have swapping on OS level? Check jvm parameter recommendations and the version of your jdk.

Kind regards,

Mark

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please check from database side if there is some issue with memory..

Also search on SDN, you will find similar issue threads discussed earlier for user administration.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun