Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

JSPM gives JRE error during Update of CE 7.11 to CE 7.2

Hello Gurus,

I downloaded the SPS files for CE 7.2 update from CE 7.11 SPS4.

I started the update using CEUpdateManager. After some time, the update failed and after that when I try to run it again, it fails to login to JSPM and I understand from JSPM logs that JSPM is looking for JRE 1.6.0 or higher, whereas CE 7.11 has JVM 5 which corresponds to JRE 1.5.

The thing is, CE 7.11 and CE 7.2 systems do not need separate JDK/JRE installations as they use these from SAPJVM. But during my upgrade, JSPM has got updated to 7.20 whereas the rest of the components did not and that is where update failed. So now, even if I try to run JSPM, it does not start and only gives the following error message at the command prompt:

Updating JSPM content...

Updating local copy of SAP JVM ...

Execution failed: Java Runtime version 1.5.0_17 detected. JSPM requires Java Run

time 1.6.0 or later to run.

com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagException: Java Runtime version 1.5.0_17 detected. JSP

M requires Java Runtime 1.6.0 or later to run.

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.Jspm.checkJVMVersion(Jspm.java:223)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.Jspm.initialize(Jspm.java:206)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.Jspm.main(Jspm.java:317)

In JSPM.LOG file, I can see:

Error]: Java Runtime version 1.5.0_17 detected. JSPM requires Java Runtime 1.6.0 or later to run.

I tried to manually patch JVM to 6 level using note 1025085 and tried bootstrapping as well using note 710663 but none of these worked and upon restarting the system, still SAPJVM 5 is getting copied by sapcpe.

Please suggest how exactly should I solve the problem of JSPM needing jre 1.6.0 while SAPJVM providing 1.5. I am pretty sure that installing JRE 1.6.0 on my machine will not help in CE systems and still I have tried that but to no help.

Please help.

Thanks,

Shitij

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question