cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM gives JRE error during Update of CE 7.11 to CE 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I downloaded the SPS files for CE 7.2 update from CE 7.11 SPS4.

I started the update using CEUpdateManager. After some time, the update failed and after that when I try to run it again, it fails to login to JSPM and I understand from JSPM logs that JSPM is looking for JRE 1.6.0 or higher, whereas CE 7.11 has JVM 5 which corresponds to JRE 1.5.

The thing is, CE 7.11 and CE 7.2 systems do not need separate JDK/JRE installations as they use these from SAPJVM. But during my upgrade, JSPM has got updated to 7.20 whereas the rest of the components did not and that is where update failed. So now, even if I try to run JSPM, it does not start and only gives the following error message at the command prompt:

Updating JSPM content...

Updating local copy of SAP JVM ...

Execution failed: Java Runtime version 1.5.0_17 detected. JSPM requires Java Run

time 1.6.0 or later to run.

com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagException: Java Runtime version 1.5.0_17 detected. JSP

M requires Java Runtime 1.6.0 or later to run.

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.Jspm.checkJVMVersion(Jspm.java:223)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.Jspm.initialize(Jspm.java:206)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.Jspm.main(Jspm.java:317)

In JSPM.LOG file, I can see:

Error]: Java Runtime version 1.5.0_17 detected. JSPM requires Java Runtime 1.6.0 or later to run.

I tried to manually patch JVM to 6 level using note 1025085 and tried bootstrapping as well using note 710663 but none of these worked and upon restarting the system, still SAPJVM 5 is getting copied by sapcpe.

Please suggest how exactly should I solve the problem of JSPM needing jre 1.6.0 while SAPJVM providing 1.5. I am pretty sure that installing JRE 1.6.0 on my machine will not help in CE systems and still I have tried that but to no help.

Please help.

Thanks,

Shitij

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij

Once you installed the JDK6 in the system, you need to update the JAVA_HOME Enviromental variable in the My computer properties. JSPM will recognize from JAVA_HOME Enviromental variable.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

As I mentioned above also, CE does not require JDK/JRE from other vendors. It uses Java Runtime from SAPJVM itself. Thus, JSPM 7.20 requires SAPJVM6 (which is part of CE 7.2) while the current version is SAPJVM5 (which was part of CE 7.11).

So, this SAPJVM version mismatch with JSPM is causing the entire problem for us. And installing additional JDK/JRE and setting Java_Home will not help.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.2 requires SAP Java Virtual Machine (SAP JVM) 6.1. Therefore, if you are updating the CE system using a locally downloaded Support Package Stack, you have to make sure that you also download and intsall SAP JVM version 6.1 from SAP Service Marketplace, which is required for the Support Package level you want to update to.

Search for the SAP JVM 6.1 in the Support packages. Select the JVM as per your OS Platform, download and proceed with the further update.

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I had already downloaded SAPJVM 6 as well. My stack queue was fine.

But, now my issue is solved. It turns out the CEUPDATEMANAGER file that we were using earlier, was still for 7.11 only, whereas we had to use the one from 7.20. We did not realize this mistake because the stack files had been downloaded almost a month ago.

We have now downloaded the 7.20 CEUPDATEMANAGER SAR file and the upgrade worked smoothly.

Thanks,

Shitij