cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF queue type basic question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one basic question regarding CIF.

We are assigning queue type to scm system at two places.

1. In SCM system with tcode-/SAPAPO/C2(Assign logical system to buisness system group)

2. In Ecc system with tcode-CFC1(Define target system operation mode and queue type)

Is it required both above setting should have same value?

If it could have different value what is impact?

Why it is required to assign queue type for SCM system at both places and not for ecc?

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

let me try to explain cutomizing setting:

/sapapo/c2 (APO): This TX is more comprehensive than CFC1 on ECC site (as you know).

Firstly you have to define the queuetype of the connected ECC system (or the connected ECC systems). Therefore you have to use the Log. System names of the ECC system and the settings are simmilar to CFC1 but it is used for SCM->ECC transfer.

As you know, you have to define also an entry for your SCM system which looks like the entry in CFC1 and therefore it looks superfluous. The reason is, that the error handling can be defined here. You can activate the "postprocessing" for your SCM system and / or your ECC system. The CIF framework checks this entry and put faulty queues into postprocessing (TX /sapapo/cfp) or as SYSFAIL into SMQ1/SMQ2. Therefore it is important that you choose the same queue type as you did it in CFC1 for your SCM system.

CFC1 (ECC): Here you have to assign the Log. System name of your SCM which is connected to your ECC and you have to define the Queue type (I - INBOUND, INITIAL - OUTBOUND). The setting is used for the transfer from ECC->SCM. It is possible (not recommended!!!

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi santosh,

In both the systems, the corresponding values for queue types should be the same. If they are not, the system wil consider the conflicting ones as queue type "outbound", ie. processed by the sender application.

I did not get the meaning of the second question exactly. Separate BSGs are there in case you have multiple ECC systems. And queue types are defined both at ECC and APO end for both the systems. Can you explain a little more?

regards,

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

My second question is why I assigning queue type to SCM system two times. One time in ECC and one time in SCM.

If values need to be same why that setting is required at two places.

Or it just way SAP configuration is and there no specific reason for that that is what I want to know.

Regards,

santosh