cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP XI - Data Buffering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am using HTTP XI action block in Business logic transaction to send the XML document to PI system which in turn sends to ECC.

I am trying to test the data buffering capability with following steps

1. Locked PI user ID in PI system that is being used by this action block to communicate with PI.

2.Then executed the transaction in MII, HTTP XI action block returns

Success property as "True" and the transaction processed successfully.

3. After sometime, I unlocked PI user id in PI system.

4. But I couldn't see the message in PI after I unlocked the user ID.

Please advice what needs to be done. Is something I am missing here?

Thanks

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abesh
Contributor
0 Kudos

The XI action block supports data buffering as of 12.1. Look for a checkbox that says "Allow Data Buffering" to enable the same.

Now, assuming that Data buffering has already been configured as I mentioned above, locking the user id in XI will not simulate a buffering criteria.

In SAP MII the data buffer only responds to a "ConnectionException" i.e. in simple words if the host is not reachable. Therefore you'd either have to bring the SAP XI box down or sort of simulate a situation wherein the SAP XI box is not reachable for Data Buffering to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I configured the HTTP XI action block by setting the below value for parameters in the configuration link for data buffering.

Property Value

Day Retention 7

MaxRetryCount 50

MaxInterval 30000

Processing Type Exactly Once in Order

Apart from the above, general parameters for connecting PI( server name, service , Interface) is given.

To test this data buffering we bring down the PI system. What I see is

1. During PI is down, we posted couple of transaction in MII. I have seen those transaction in data buffering screen of MII

for a minute and after that it is disappeared.

2. After 30 minute, we bring up the PI system, but I couldn't see any of the transaction data that went to PI from MII system.

Also I couldn't trace those message in MII.

I am not sure what configuration I miss to make this work.

Appreciate If anyone could provide any input.

Thanks

Mahesh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

One problem I see is that your retry interval is 30000 (30 seconds, I believe) and your maximum retry is 50. So if it retries 50 times at 30 second intervals, that would be 25 minutes and all your retries would have completed before your XI system is back and available. So I would change it to 60000 and 60 retries.

I would also change Communication Method to Best Effort and Processing Type to Asynchronous Processing on Error.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

what version of MII are you using?

See SAP help for [Data Buffering (12.0)|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii120/helpdata/en/45/515db282a33a16e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm] or [Data Buffering (12.1)|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/en/43/e80b59ad40719ae10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm].

MII can buffer query calls or JRA calls. Waiting messages can be resent using Data buffering jobs.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using 12.1 and using Xacute query to push the data to PI system. I am not sure how to enable the data buffering.

The Xacute query which is calling a BLT uses HTTP XI action block to send the data to PI system.

Thanks

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you fullfilled the prerequisites mentioned on the [Data Buffering Help page|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/en/43/e80b59ad40719ae10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]?

On the General part of the Xacute query definition

- mark "Allow Buffering"

In the settings of the Data Server

- set DaysRetention

- set MaxRetryCount

- set RetryInterval

If set, check what is being shown on the Data Services > Data Buffer Entries and > Data Buffer Jobs. Are there entries?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I am using Xacute query,

In the data service->Data Server->XacuteConnector I see only following parameter

Autobind: Checkbox

Description: Illuminator Xacute

ServerPackages: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.Xacute

I am not seeing the Allow Buffering checkbox.

Thanks

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

you can find the Allow Buffering checkbox if you open the Xacute query definition in the MII workbench and open the "General" property group.

Concerning the other parameters, I can see them in the Data Servers definition of the XacuteConnector, however currently I am looking at a 12.0 MII. Maybe the parameters have changed.

Michael