cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing rdisp/max_wprun_time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a third party program which uses a back ground account to connect to SAP and run ABAP. This ABAP program is taking longer than 5 minutes and it is timing out with error:

SR_17009 Error in CPIC: [CMRCV: 18 Time limit exceeded

Current I am using SAP R3 4.x and will be moving to SAP ECC 6.x in future.

I have read that one can change following parameter

rdsip/rdisp/max_wprun_time to change the default time.

I have following questions, some of them are naive:

1. Does a background account(my third party cannot login interactively) still use Dialog Processes.

2. I am assuming I have to create s special profile for setting this parameter so it does not affect other accounts. What command do you use to create this profile.

3. What command do I use to assign my third party account to this profile.

4. How do I found which account has which profile.

THANSK A LOT.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zigzagdna,

The parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time is not user or profile specific. It affects the entire system. Simply defined, it defines the amount of time a dialog work process can be occupied by one step (can be seen in SM50). Which user you use to run/call the ABAP program, does not change or decide the time.

1. Does a background account(my third party cannot login interactively) still use Dialog Processes.

Yes, it can. Most program need both dialog work processes and background.

2. I am assuming I have to create s special profile for setting this parameter so it does not affect other accounts. What command do you use to create this profile.

No, you dont need a profile.You can change this value from the Tcode RZ11.It can be changed and the new value is taken into effect without restarting the SAP system (dynamically switchable).

3. What command do I use to assign my third party account to this profile.

Not applicable

4. How do I found which account has which profile.

Not applicable

I dont have the exact info of your program, but from what it sound like, it could be timing out because of RFC timeout. If it is not running from the SAP Gui, it must make RFC calls to the server.

Kunal

Answers (0)