Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM - Background Jobs SP12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed SP12 and I´m facing following issues in ERM:

1. Tab Configuration --> Miscelaneous, the page "Miscelaneous" is deployed with some errors (blanks, incorrect text).

2 When I try of creating a new role and adding transactions , ERM is unable to "select" transaction and associate to the role.

3 I scheduled a serie of background jobs for mass role import and these ones take a lot of time (time > 8 hrs) and status is always the same Waiting.

4. I scheduled background jobs for Org. Value, Transaction/Object/ Field, Activity Sync with schedule type Immediate, but these one shows status Waiting.

Something affected the background jobs?

SP12 has bugs with ERM?

Please, any ideas?

Thx a lot.

Santiago

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santiago,

Regarding item 2: This seems to be a bug. A few people have found this issue. I've opened an OSS message with SAP, but you might want to do the same too.

For items 3 & 4: I had this problem also. We resolved it by deleting all the jobs and doing a FULL reboot of all GRC applications, database. After that, I refreshed and reloaded the cache (Configuration --> Administration --> Cache Management) then scheduled the jobs.

So far, the jobs are running as normal again.

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dylan,

Thanks for your anwer, let me know some issues related to your comments:

For items 3 - 4: How do you delete all jobs in ERM, one by one?. How do you do FULL reboot all GRC applications database?.

Regards,

Santiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please check whether the Background Job Daemon is running or not and also the server process.

If not try to analyze the log files else restart the system.

Thanks,

Rams

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please check whether the Background Job Daemon is running or not and also the server process.

If not try to analyze the log files else restart the system.

Thanks,

Rams

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santiago,

Try deleting all the background jobs and restart the server (SAP GRC System). I think it'll help you to resolve your problem relating to the background job.

Regards,

Guru

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you sure you did all the post-installation steps correctly?

Did you upload the XML files after you deployed SP12?

Frank.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello guys!

I've the same issue on my dev system (I didn't install SP12 on my prd system yet)

And I'm sure that all xml files were uploaded. Reboot helps, but what will I do with prd system? It's not good solution to reboot prd system everytime

Do you have any solution?

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Answers (0)