Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View is not editable

former_member201781
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem when running Webdynpro as test. My input view is not editble though all of the input fields property is not read only and they are editable.

Please advise,

--Jamie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

The input field behaviour is based on the context attribute that you have binded to the Input field.

Check the cardinlity of the node of the context attribute binded. In your case it will be definitely 0-1 or 0-n.

This means you should manually instantiate the node by creating an Element for the node.

As you are saying it as an Input field your case the cardinality of the node should be 1-1 and this makes the Filed enabled without any coding.

Regards,

Raju Bonagiri

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

whenever using input field please make it enabled.. and bind it correctly with the appropriate context node..

And assign the "label for" property ... I thing this will solve ur problem

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

WebDynpro context behavior is different at run-time. UI elements holds value in contexts. For a context node of cardinality 0..1 or 0..n the occurrence of node element at run-time is 0 i.e. there is nothing to hold the value and the UI element doesn't allow input any values or literally disabled.

Solution 1: The node with 0..1 or 0..n must be created before the UI is shown or accessing it.

wdContext.node<MyNode>().createAndAddMyNodeElement();

Solution 2: simply change the cardinality of the node to 1..1 or 1...n which will ensure the minimum occurrence of the node at run-time is always 1.

cheers,

Nikhil Bose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How you are binding the data to those input fields?Are you binding it through value attributes in the context node?

Check the cardinality of the context node. Change the cardinality to 1..N and then check.

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Please check the INPUTFIELD Value binding with context attribute. Once you bind it properly, it will appear as editable.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have binded the Input fields to a Node or an attribute in the context? If you have binded to the node, Instantiate the node to make the Input fields editable.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you instantiate the node and its attributes that are bound underneath the form UI elements?