cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom components lost ..service desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created custom components to be used for creating messages through SAP Service Desk. It was working well and good, suddenly the components were all reset back to SAP standard ones. I mean, we lost all our custom components? Is there a job or something which automatically triggers this?

I know you can do this via DSWP , or running DSWP_GET_CSN_COMPONENTS will reset it. But, no one have done this, but our components got reset. I am not sure of the jobs running.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

cervantes_nicols
Participant
0 Kudos

If you used SLF1 in Menu->Help-> Create Support Message.

Try transaction SBACH02 for changed "Appication Component"

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

We are trying to set up our own components as well.

Would you please let me know, how we should do this?

Is there a customizing table or a report to do this?

Thanks,

Jan

0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

As for your question regarding maintaining your own components, Standard SAP components are instored in table DSWP_CSNCOMP and DSWPCSNCOMPTXT. Maybe you can try to add your own components to these tables. But please be informed that the entries in these two tables could be overwritten by SAP, for example, when you update your system.

And the messages under your own components can not be sent to SAP.

In addition, when you add your own entries into table DSWP_CSNCOMP, you should pay attention to fields SEQUENCE and COMP_LEVEL, which determine the hierarchy of the components. You may check how SAP components stored in

this table and what values they have for fields SEQUENCE and COMP_LEVEL. If one component has the same COMP_LEVEL as that of the component prior to itself, then the two components are siblings, if the value of COMP_LEVEL is one bigger than that of the component prior to itself, then the current compoent is the child of the component prior to itself.

Best Regards,

Diego Fischer.

peervali_syed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Please let me know in my solution manager also im facing the same problem..

In table DSWP_CSNCOMP ,the z entries automatically deleting ,im just wondering how its happening ,as per above solutions i have tried to find out the job Job: SM:GET CSN COMPONENTS

Report: DSWP_GET_CSN_COMPONENTS

not able to get this its says no matching found for this job and program,

Can u please tell me how can i found by using which program or job its deleting the entries and why its deleting the entries,what we can do if we dnt want to delete the z entries from the table,,,

Quick response appriciated.............

Regards,

Syed

0 Kudos

Hello,

About your question I can give you the following hint:

The component list is updated through:

Job: SM:GET CSN COMPONENTS

Report: DSWP_GET_CSN_COMPONENTS

Relevant tables are:

dswp_csncomp CSN-component keys

dswpcsncomptxt CSN-component keys texts

Please, check if there is some job scheduled to execute the report DSWP_GET_CSN_COMPONENTS.

Best Regards,

Diego Fischer.