cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Logon to System pointing to wrong client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my scenario:

I am in the status To Be Tested (E0004) and choose Logon to System. I am taken to the Development client instead of QAS.

Here is what I have checked:

- In table TSOCM_STAT_PROP I have selected Test System for E0004 for my transaction type

- My logical components are created and assigned to the correct system role

- All RFC connections to the clients are working

Any ideas? I am using a custom transaction type ZDHF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fernando_rocha1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For UC, we have some special considerations when identifying the target systems for logon action.

Every time you execute the system logon action in UC, we will check the place of the original transport requests which are created under this UC. So besides the "SRtype" configuration, we will also make sure whether the original changes have been transported successfully to the target system. If the transport request still in the development system, the action will redirect you to there.

Best Regards

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Khalil - yes implementing ChaRM again :-). Thanks for your insight - very helpful as always however my issue was not due to missing configuration.

Fernando - thank you for explaining this, it gave me the piece of information I was missing. We have introduced Test Transports into U'gent Corrections and for that reason the Logon to System is pointing to Dev at the point I am triggering the action.

For now I am removing that option. It looks like I'll need to modify the action method via custom development in order to force this (which I am not interested in pursuing at this time).

Thanks all, closing this thread.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Solmaniac,

can you update us with your problem? Let us know if we can help more !

Regards

Khalil

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again SolManiac,

still working on ChaRM as i can see... lol

Maybe you can take a look in SMSY to make sure that your system role that can be called QAS or QAL... is actually assigned to the right Type of Role: "Target Systems".

Solman does check as you said table TSOCM_STAT_PROP but it also takes a look to type of role assigned to your system/clients.

If assignment is correct; could you please check also that your H..... tasklist places the system/clients in the right nodes meaning

- your dev under Source Node

- your qual under Target Node ...

Good luck

Regards,

Khalil

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this happening only to this particular action? Have you rechecked your transport routes? Are they pointing to the right clients?

Rajeev

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are known errors in action 'logon to system' for certain Support Package levels of Solution Manager. You can have a look at note 1427761 - ChaRM: incorrect target system for action "System Logon". I hope that the information in the note helps you.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ