cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using two Fiscal year Variants in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We need to use two FYVs in our Planning buckets profile, one 'ZM' which has 12 posting periods(Fiscal Months) and the other 'ZW' which has 52 posting periods(fiscal weeks). I was unable to use both FYV in the single planning buckets profile though place holders for FYV1 and FYV2 are provided to do this.

But my question is, even before I configure two FYVs in planning buckets profile, the issue is with storage buckets profile which can accomodate only one FYY. Just FYI, Our Fiscal weeks can be derived from fiscal months which means, each fiscal period is made up of exactly 4 or 5 fiscal weeks.

Is there any way we can use two fiscal variatns ZM and ZW in the plannning buckets profile while having only FYV 'ZM' in the storage buckets profile?

OR Is it atleast possible to use two different Planning Buckets profile for two different dataviews eac one using PBF with seperate FYV.

I was unable to do this since, the Planning bucket profile that has the same FYV as the storage buckets profile was the only one available to be selected when creating a dataview.

The need is to be able to view on both fiscal months and weeks even if they are in different dataviews. One with FYV ZM that has Fiscal months and other with Fiscal weeks.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Tej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tej,

Planning bucket profile or Time bucket profiles are for viewing data. They do not determine how the data is stored.

On the other hand, storage bucket profiles are used to define how the data is stored in livecache.

Now, your requirement can be achieved,. Here is how...

1) Define two Fiscal variants ZM & ZW.

2) Define only one storage bucket profile preferably based on ZW since it provides greater level of details and assign this storage bucket profile to your PA.

3) Create 2 Time bucket profiles based on the 2 Fiscal Variants ZM & ZW. You can also create 2 different Time bucket profiles with the same Fiscal variant and just choose a different periodicity for each, but for simplicity create it our of 2 Fiscal variants.

Define your Planning book with 2 data views or 2 data views in different planning books.

4) For Data view A assign ur first Time bucket profile (Weekly) and for Data view B assign ur second Time bucket profile (Monthly). This can be done during data view definition or even in the Interactive Demand Planning.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Mani Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani,

I tried again, initially it did not work, but after making few other changes it looks good.

Full credit to you.

Tej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tej,

I also have the same issue. Just following forum & came up with your thread.

WOuld appreciate if you can send me the detail which you did for this issue. Becasue even I created two separate time buckets with different fiscal variant, but still not able to solve it. just FYI, i am not able to see the created time bucket when defining new dataview.

I will really appreciate you have any solution.

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tej. Sushant,

We are also facing the same issue of using ZM and ZW with 2 separate time bucket profile.

Could you pl share the adjustment that you did?

We have created the Storage bucket profile at ZW level.

Appreciate your response, asap.

Thanks,

Mangesh

Answers (0)