cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to Proxy call - queue management

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still unclear if ABAP client proxy is EO or EOIO. In the messages, it says that it is EO, but then the inbound queues behave like EOIO.

In our case, we have multiple interfaces going to another SAP system using the same proxy receiver XI adapter. So, all messages are getting stacked up after the first failure. Why isn't the sender's QoS being honored?

Based on that, I can always decide to either create separate receiver XI adapters for the same system or define custom queues to atleast separate out the interfaces.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are create N number of receiver XI channels, it does n't mean that all interfaces will be processed parellely. Finally all interface messages ( from different XI adapters) will go to same integration engine queue of your SAP system.

In integration engine queue individual messages will be considered as one LUW ( Logical unit ) and then each LUW will be processed one by one. ( Same as PI integration engine queue).

I don think you can create custome queues in PI or in SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I say custom queues, you can always specify the QUEUE NAME using Serialization context in the client ABAP proxy which would help PI instantiantiate, say for instance, an inbound queue, XBTIxxxxxx<QUEUENAME>. But, is there a way to make PI process the messages in this queue EO instead of EOIO? If then, how is it that the source message has a QoS of EO and the QoS on the receiver (which should be dictated by the source) is EOIO?

I am just trying to understand. I understand that most people are suggesting ALERTING as a solution for this problem. But, alerting is a reactive fix and I am not really interested in it. I am trying to figure out if there is any alternative.

Thanks for your input.

-sridhar

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Besides that you also have to do the XI queue determination from SXMB_ADM and create your sender reciever queues for each scneario, However if the first message fails in a particular queue, you will still run into blocked queues.

This can be set to reprocess automatically.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is my question. Would it treat the XBTI* as one single queue and stop processing or would multiple instances of my custom queue - XBTI<id>___QNAME be stopped?

If not, is there a way to make my client ABAP proxy make a EO call ? It looks like the PROTOCOL attribute in IF_WSPROTOCOL is defaulted to ASYNC_MESSAGING. As a matter of fact, we want ASYNC_MESSAGING with EO QoS. Seems like this is a limitation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know if this helps.

Because you are using a proxy.

You can create a BPM .

There in the start you can specify Queue assignment --> multiple Random

Go to TCODE swf_inb_conf

there

select your Integration process

change delivery mode to w/o buffering , assign number of queues.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi .. I am not sure if I am missing something. My assumption was that any custom queue that you create would be an extension of the existing queue - XBTI* or XBTO*. When a LUW is identified, a queue would be instantiated with the queue name specified but then, it would be a XBTI<id>___QNAME. I don't see any other queue assignment needed.

Fariha - BPM is not an option as these are web service calls. That would impact these interfaces bigtime.