cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Monitoring Application Log errors (SLG1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do we monitor application log (SLG1) in CCMS. My requirement is to monitor application log (SLG1) in CCMS based on the external ID. I want to create different nodes in CCMS and I want external ID falling under certain criteria should come and sit in the respective node of CCMS.

Means external ID between 1000-2000 should come n sit under node say Test1, external ID between 2000-3000 should come n sit under node say Test2 and external ID between 3000-4000 should come n sit under node say Test3.

Is it possible to do so.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Poorna Chandrasekhar

I do not know how to monitor Application Log just using CCMS.

But if you use Solution Manager Business Process Monitoring(BPMon) - Application Log Monitor, I think your requirement will be fulfilled.

In BPMon function, we have application Log Monitor. So you can monitor specific application log of different object by using BPMon.

If you have interest on BPMon, please check our colleague's blog.

/people/volker.vongloeden/blog/2009/07/23/functional-scope-of-business-process-monitoring-in-sap-solution-manager

(Cross Application Monitor)

Also you can get more detail information from service market place (how to configure etc).

http://service.sap.com/bpm

->Media Library =>Technical Document

Following documents might help you.

Setup Guide - Business Process Monitoring

Business Process Monitoring - Setup Roadmap

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Keiji Mishima.

But we have not implemented Solution Manager Business Process Monitoring(BPMon). My customer wants this using CCMS

0 Kudos

Hello,

the standard CCMS does not offer such capabilities. But as Keiji said you could use BPMon. The implementation effort is really low. You can just create one "dummy" business process with one single process step. For this step you configure the Application Log monitor which can cover your requirements.

You can also use http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQBusinessProcess+Monitoring as an entry point for your investigation.

Best Regards

Volker