Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What else do I need for ES Bundle HCM Master data

mark_taylor3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

This may be a silly question but i'm chasing my tail a little here.

I need to see the services described in the es workplace for HCM master data ES bundle. I am under the impression that if I have the appropriate Enhancement pack installed in my SAP ERP system then I should have access already to these services.

The Enterprise extension EA-HR is active. We are on EHP4 for SAP ERP yet I cannot see any of the services described using SOAMANAGER or SICF.

Have I missed the point completely or is there a businees function or something else that needs activating before I xcan see these services?

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_taylor3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've checked in SE80 and no results for ECC_EMPLOYEEBASICDBYEMPLOYEEQR.

Had a quick look in the IMG and it says to check whether the service is attached to a business function and if so, then activate.

Not sure where this is documented but I had a look at the ES Workplace and ES Wiki on SDN but cannot see anything that would elude to any particular business function.

Any other ideas

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked our system ERP 6.0 EhP4 and found the service EmployeeBasicDataByEmployeeQueryResponse_In in transaction SPROXY. I suspect that this service comes from the software component ECC-SE 604 (ESA Fast Track). Please check up whether you have this component usng System->Status->Component Version.

Thanks,

Venu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mark_taylor3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

That sounds about right to me. I've checked and it's not part of the installation. I suppose the clue was in the namespace.

Thanks for this both of you

Mark

mark_taylor3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks

Specifically I was after service operation EmployeeBasicDataByEmployeeQueryResponse_In which is defined as

Software Component Version ESA ECC-SE 604

Namespace http://sap.com/xi/EA-HR/SE/Global

Direction inbound

Mode synchronous

It belongs to service interface Manage Employee In

I would assume that I would see this in SICF.

I have loaded EA-HR XI Content for 7.0 and see specific async service interfaces defined there but not the one above

Thanks

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This service is Sync and should be visible in SICF. ABAP name of this service is ECC_EMPLOYEEBASICDBYEMPLOYEEQR and you should be able to see it in SICF.

Do one thing goto SE80->Repository Information System->Enterprise Service then click on Service Definition and search by ECC_EMPLOYEEBASICDBYEMPLOYEEQR.

You will be able to see this service. I am not sure if any SPRO activity required to make all services visible (try if above method fails).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gourav

mark_taylor3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response:

SPROXY is pointing at our XI 7.0 system and doesn't show the services is the bundle.

The SICF service path iI checked is sap\bc\srt\xip\sap

Thanks

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Are you looking for Async services? if yes then you need to download necessary PI contents from Service Market Place (for PI7.0 also).

Sync service should be visible in SICF (although name would be ABAP internal name). Once you activate service in SICF then you can also found them in SOAMANAGER.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds strange but I hope you are checking right path in SICF.

Just also check in SPROXY transaction to see if services you are looking for are there or not.

Regards,

Gourav