cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use proxy framework locally?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

we´re thinking about an scenario where we have an client proxy in ERP which sends some information about a service document using the SAP PI as we did successfully several times before.

The trigger of the client proxy should be integrated in the normal customer transaction.

The problem is that the data collection will normally take some time because lots of information have to be gathered in the system.

But we do not want the customer transaction to wait until the data collection have finished.

So we are thinking about following solution:

Defining a dummy client proxy containing only the information needed to start the data collection. This client proxy is integrated in the customer transaction and should call a local server proxy on the same ERP system locally without message to SAP PI)but the message should also visible in sxi_monitor for monitoring purposes. After the dummy client proxy call the customer transaction will be finished.

The server proxy then starts the data collection on the system and build the request message for the service document and finally make a PI call by using another client proxy.

all created messages respectively interfaces in this scenario should be asynchronous, so for my opinion there should be a solution for this, shouldn´t it?

Is there a possibility to define such a local proxy call?

Any help appreciated

Kind regards

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

>>The trigger of the client proxy should be integrated in the normal customer transaction.

The problem is that the data collection will normally take some time because lots of information have to be gathered in the system.

But we do not want the customer transaction to wait until the data collection have finished.

Is the proxy call to PI a synch one? ie Would you like to see the result of the proxy call in the customer transaction?

If not, then why dont you just a call a report program in back ground from the customer transaction that will initate the client proxy call to PI?

Am I missing some thing here?

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

thanks for your answer and your suggestion.

The call to PI is async, the result have not be provided to the customer transaction.

My reason of my question is if there is a possibility to use the proxy framework for the dummy call.

So that the call is visible in sxi_monitor and could be restarted there in case of error situations.

customer transaction -> dummy proxy client -> customer transaction finished

dummy proxy client -> server proxy (locally) generates message & call proxy client -> SAP PI -> receiver system

Do you think there is a way to use the proxy framework for this issue?

Kind regards

Jochen

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Do you think there is a way to use the proxy framework for this issue?

Even when it is possible using PI 7.1 and ERP 7.0 back-end (direct connection), I recommend using async local function calls for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your answer.

I tested the behaviour by defining a special RFC destination for this interface via SXMSIF

This connection is used and the message is sent to the receiver pripeline locally but only the sending information is available therefore the determination of the implementing class for the sender inface fails and the message stucks in error state.

What would be the best approach to implement such a scenario, especially with respect to monitoring the process.

For my opinion there are two alternatives, calling a ABAP report in the background (I think this should be possible, but never done so far) or send a request to PI, which is transfer this requestback to the sender system to a server proxy and this will than start the data collection and finally sends the request via PI to the receiver system.

What is your opinion / favorite?

Are there other possibilities?

Kind regards

Jochen

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> What is your opinion / favorite?

In my opinion PI should not be used for tasks which it is not made for.