cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic values in Variant Config!

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When a material is configurable, the moment we enter the material as a line item in sales order, we are directed to the configuration screen.

Would it be possible to fill the characteristic values for this line item, after it has been input in the sales order and before the configuration screen is shown. One way would be to set default values to the characteristic. But I don't want a fixed default value. I need to populate the characteristic value based on some logic.

I have searched for any possible exit/badi that would help me do this, but hard luck couldn't find one. Seems like there are no exits avaiblable during configuration. I have also checked forums and did find some exits but none meets my requirenment. Any thoughts on how to go about this would be highly appreciated.

Cheers!!

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Have you explored the option of Object Dependency/Restrictions if not please use.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Atul

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Let me tell you what exactly am looking out for. There is a classification defined at the order level. Now when I select a material for this order, all i want to do is copy those characteristics values that are common at both order level and material level without the user having to re-enter the common values again at material level. I am not sure if this can be achieved through dependencies/restrictions. If this can be done, then I would be glad to know how ?

Cheers!!

Chaitanya

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Use the Dependency type as Procedure which sets characteristic values in classification if the condition is fulfilled.The assigned value can be a default.

This dependency can be assigned to

Characteristic (basic data),

characteristic value,

classCharacteristic

as per your requirement. Please search SAP Library for the Syntax example.

Hope this will help you.

Please revert back to the forum in case of any doubt.

Regards,

Atul

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for you post.

But once again, let me stress that in my scenario am trying to copy characteristic values from one object to another object.

Please correct me if am wrong when I say that dependencies would help only when am trying compare characteristics of the same object.

Cheers !!

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Not sure on the scenario in which you are copying characteristic values from one object to another object because explored earlier.

But if this is not applicable then you can create a new characteristic and assign the function module to that in which you can detect your terms.

Hope this will help you.

Please revert back to the forum in case of any doubt.

Regards,

Atul

Chaitanyat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for staying on this. Firstly am a developer looking into this small piece of variant config issue. Here's the fix that I got.

The configuration is carried out in the function module CE_I_CONFIGURE. All I have done is fill the default values for characteristics with the values that i want to. This I have done using a source code enhancment.

All though this does solve my issue, am not sure if this is the only way of doing it. Am still exploring on this and keep the thread open, if someone can come up with a better solution than what i have done.

cheers !!