cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily byte Code Agent Autoprobe Direcitves sap_smd.jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

At the moment I plan the roll out for Wily Introscope Agents to my portal landscape. When I expand the autoprobe directives, then I can see a lot of package names/ directives names. Does anyone of you know, what each of the Directives mean, special the sap_smd.jar. Can I deploy this special directive to all my portal systems or should I only deploy it in the managing Solman System???

Thanks, Marcel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marcel,

Wily Instrocope Agent has to be installed ONLY in your SAP Solution Manager.

Then, whe your agent is installed (file ISAGENTSMD8SP01_00-10007435.SCA for example), it is deployed to all managed (satellite) systems defined in your SAP Solution Manager.

To summarize :

1. Install your Wily IS Agent in SOLMAN only

2. Start SOLMAN_SETUP guided procedure

3. In the 3rd phase of this guided procedure (Managed system configuration),

you will reach step 5 "Wily Introscope Configuration".

4. In this step - Wily Introscope Configuration, you can "Configure Wily Introscope Agent".

You DO NOT have to install your Wily IS Agent to your managed (satellite systems).

ONLY in SOLUTION Manager which will the deploy it to all managed systems.

Hope it helps ?

Best regards

Pascal Cuennet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

thanks for your answer, but I think you missunderstood my question. I know how to roll out the Wily Agents. My question was,

for what each directive package stands for, in the wily wizard of the SMD wizard GUI. There you have a lot of packages, which you can select or de-select, like the sap_smd.jar package.

Bye, Marcel.