Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Enterprise Architech Certification

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working develoment of SOA based Solution and see my carrier in SAP platform and as an architect. I though to take up SAP Enterprise Architech Certification (ESOA), but not clear about target group here. I read that it defines the role as

"Manage the enterpriseu2019s portfolio of IS/IT assets so as to ensure they are effective (support the business) and cost efficient compared with alternatives"

"Transform classic IT into EA-driven practice, Support business strategies with right IT solution etc."

Initially I was expecitng it be focused to application/solution architechture using SOA, but it seems to be different.

Could someone please comment. What exactly the cert. focus on, what role/job can a person really does as Enterprise architect. Please guide and share your experience.

Warm Regards,

Daman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enteprise Architect is NOT Solution Architect. EA is responsible for all domains of architecture namely Business Architecture, Application Architecture, Data Architecture and Technology Architecture. He will initiate and guide development of all architecture and scope is much more broader than any single architecture domain.

Forcus of certification is TOGAF ([refer to my blog on TOGAF certification|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/19567] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];). Don't expect any technology specific knowledge in this certification.

>Initially I was expecitng it be focused to application/solution architechture using SOA, but it seems to be different

Your expectation were close to Solution Architect (TERP course).

Regards,

gourav

Answers (0)