cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing TPZ file into my System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am on PI 7.1. My client has given me a TPZ file exported from his development instance of IR.

I have to import it into my system and use it. Pl let me know how to go about this and what instructions if any should I pass on to my Basis Team.

I think that since the name of software component , software component version and namespace are different for my client's system and my system, I wont be able to work on it.

Pl reply asap.

Thnks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I have to import it into my system and use it. Pl let me know how to go about this and what instructions if any should I pass on to my Basis Team.

from 7.1 you can import it yourself from your PC

just open ESR and import from tools

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sumesh_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can directly import from your local PC and see the contents in your ESR..

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ all,

Hi,

I imported it directly from my local machine but I am unable to open the message mapping. It says that it could not find the software component version.

Hence the import is successful but I am unable to use it.

Pl let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I imported it directly from my local machine but I am unable to open the
 *_message mapping*_. It says that it could not find the software component version.
Hence the import is successful but I am unable to use it.

Are you doing file transport ? which system you are importing the >TPZ file DEV or Test .

Is it a normal XI content import in DEV?

Try putting in the server and import.

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

My client has given me a TPZ file exported from his development instance of IR ( Server in US)

I have to import it into my system (development instance - Server in India) and use it. These are 2 completely different instances.

Thus the software component, software component version and namespace are all different. Hence the problem in opening the message mapping.

Will importing it through my server help me open the mapping and use it?

The TPZ file actually contains a BPM which I need to modify @ my end, hence need to open the message mapping.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the import , are the objects editable .? try copying in the actual name space and do the mapping changes required . Try editing the namespaces ,need to adjust the name spaces i think .Not sure if this will solve but give a try

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

Pl let me know how to go about this and what instructions if any should I pass on to my Basis Team.

To import a *.TPZ file you have two options :

Go to tools , import design objects you will get option to import from server or local

1 .You can import it from the server, for this you can ask your basis team to put the file in the following path

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/xi/repository server/import.

2.You can do it using Local file import from you system drives/Desktop also.

It is always good to import from server

Regards,

Srinivas