cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle counting float time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying Cycle counting and I observed in std system that If physical inventory frequency is 12 times, then the interval is 20

which is calculating automatically and float is 5. As per my knowledge Inv. freqency is 12 with in a year that means monthly

once and next inventory time is 30 days should be interval, but system is showing 20.

Can you please tell me what is the importance of FLOAT.

Thx

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Float is the number of days allowed for deviation on a pallned cycle count.For example you are counting a b indicator material for 4 times a year and a panned coutn is scheduled on april 1 with a float of 5 days.If you create a physical inventory document using MICN until april 6 then this material will still be picked uo under the run of april 1 as the float time acts as a grace time.After april 6 the material is subject to cycle count again in the next planned cycle.In case you manually do cycle count using mi01 then the material will not be proposed for the next planned count.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kiran,

Could you please give me the procedure for Cycle couning in WMS.

Is it required to cun the tcode MICN, batch session running or LX26 is sufficient.

Please provide any documentation for the same.

Thx

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu-You can use LICC also.

Please see the below link.Hope this helps

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=273228