cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter Prompt Problem with Crystal Reports against BO Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have some crystal reports running against a complex BO universe. When scheduling to run a report and presented with the parameters prompt page, clicking on the "Edit" button associating with a parameter would take over a minute before the input screen could come up. When there were 6 or 7 parameters, the whole process could take over 10 minutes before the report could be scheduled. The universe is provided by vendor so we have no control over it and the vendor is basically exposing their database through the universe so we are talking about hundreds of objects in the universe. Greatly appreciate if anybody has any suggestion on how we could improve the performance. BTW, we had done some experiments and found that it took 10 seconds to bring up the input screen for just a simple static date parameter even the parameter does not depend on anything in the universe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

A reason might be that the system needs a lot of time to build LOVs for the prompts. I would suggest to locate the prompt definitions in the universe and at least for some of those remove the reference to the relevant LOV.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I am not sure I fully understand what you are suggesting. Could you please elaborate a bit more? Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Moved to Universer Designer forum