Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Mail Reciever Adpater --Configured IMAP4 protocol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Error in Mail sender Cc:

"exception caught during processing mail message; java.net.UnknownHostException: NZXXX.dknz.corp.net " .NZXXX.dknz.corp.net is the Mail Server.

The Requirement is MAIL > FILE . Petch the Invoice(Attachment) from the Mail and save in the Network Folder(File)

The Mail Sener CC is configured for IMAP4

Mail server paramters:

imap://NZXXX.dknz.corp.net NXINVOICES where NXINVOICES is the Inbox

-There is no Subfolders

-Login Credentials of the Mailbos is correct

(cross checked the Microsoft Exchnage Server : It is correct.)

-Default XI paramters provided in Mail Sender Cc is of "File reciever and the URN namespace) which is correct.

Any other Info : I did check the blog : , and help.sap .com:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/2e/bf37423cf7ab04e10000000a1550b0/content.htm for PAYLODA SWAPBEAN, I have not added in parameters in module configuration.There is only 1 1 module adapter:

sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.app/XIMailAdapterBean .

I am not able to figure out what the mail Sender CC is red and throwing Error.Kindly help

I need the same info in my requirement . The Scenario is THe Vendor sends the email with Invoices ( An Attachment) to a mail server and the attachment has to be moved to the network folder (File )

Here , I used IMAP4 Protocol in MAil Sender CC

I wanted to know is it required to use :localejbs/ AF_Modules/PayloadSwapBean and any module configuration to petch the attachment ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

> Error in Mail sender Cc:

> "exception caught during processing mail message; java.net.UnknownHostException: NZXXX.dknz.corp.net " .NZXXX.dknz.corp.net is the Mail Server.

> imap://NZXXX.dknz.corp.net NXINVOICES where NXINVOICES is the Inbox

can you please check r u able to access your mail portal in XI sever machine .

Regards,

Amit

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My issue is resolved , These were few updates to resolve this issue

1. The IMAPS was used in Mail Sender Adapter : imaps://10.192.101.16:993/Inbox

*IP address of the Mail Server was got from the Admin )

2. Ports : 143, 993 are opened for the Mail Server to access for XI SERver ( Raised an Ticket to open Ports of Mail server :NZTxxx.dknz.nzcorp.net)

3. As the attachment was only in PDF : Added swapbean in Module tab as below :

Process Sequesnce :

-Make sure: AF_Modules/PayloadSwapBean Modul key : TRANSFORM is added before sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.app/XIMailAdapterBean

-And under Module Configuration select : TRANSFORM as Module Key and add >

swap.keyName Content-Disposition

swap.keyName Content-Description

swap.keyValue attachment;filename='MailAttachment-1.xml"

swap.keyValue MailAttachment-1

-Save and activate , Check the Message status (Eaiting /System Error) in Message Monitoring ... .MAIL SENDER Adapter is up and running and file is placed in the network folder.

Best Regards,

Vara

Former Member
0 Kudos

An Update for above solution:It is not 'MailAttachment-1.xml , but it is 'MailAttachment-1.pdf as written below:

As the attachment was only in PDF : Added swapbean in Module tab as below :

Process Sequesnce :

-Make sure: AF_Modules/PayloadSwapBean Modul key : TRANSFORM is added before sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.app/XIMailAdapterBean

-And under Module Configuration select : TRANSFORM as Module Key and add >

swap.keyName Content-Disposition

swap.keyName Content-Description

swap.keyValue attachment;filename='MailAttachment-1.pdf"

swap.keyValue MailAttachment-1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did try to change the IMPA URL as : imaps://NZxxx.dknz.nzcorp.net:993/NZINVOICES , but now in Componnet Monitoring I get an error :exception caught during processing mail message; java.io.IOException: unable to create a socket

Just an Update : I haven't added "Payload SWap Bean " in the Module configuration .It just has the MAIL ADAPTER Bean(sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.app/XIMailAdapterBean

-Seondalrly , Have raised an Ticket to apply SAP Note :XI 3.0 Mail sender adapter with IMAP or POP with SSL problem - SAP Note Number: 893590

Kindly Suggest

Thanks, Vara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"java.net.UnknownHostException: NZXXX.dknz.corp.net ":

This means that your mail server can not be reached from your PI machine.

The Exception is thrown to indicate that the IP address of a host could not be determined.

I would try to ping the address directly from a console on the PI machine and see if this works.

If it does not work, there might be a network issue (DNS, routing, etc..).

regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit , Could you please update , how do we access mail portal in XI sever machine .

-I tried pinging just the mail server :Ping NZxxx.dknz.nzcorp.net , i get reply with 0%loss

-But as Kenny suggested , whne i tried Telnet NZxxx.dknz.nzcorp.net 143 , Connection failed message is displayed

-Any other areas, I can check ...

Kindly suggest

Thanks, Vara

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please take help from basis guy and told to him run your web mail in XI server like your mail address xyz.com so go to XI server and in webbrpswer type xyz.com .....

but i think it will not work beacuse port is not open as suggest by other guy.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Tried in command prompt , N:/telnet NZxxx.dznz.corp.net 143 , but i get response : Could not open connection to the host, on port 143 .Connection Failed

.Could you please assist

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vara,

if the telnet connection failed this probably indicates that port 143 is blocked by a firewall.

Regards

Kenny

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in your case the port you are trying to access is blocked.

Contact your network team and have the post made access from the PI server.

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

check if you can telnet the mail server,

e.g., from XI server command line

telnet NZXXX.dknz.corp.net 143

Regards

Kenny