cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source field of external definitions

0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the source field on the External definition tab handle relative paths (i.e. ../ )correctly or does xi just treat the source field as a string?

In my case I have two schemas schema1.xsd and schema2.xsd located in different paths:

\package\message\1.1\schema1.xsd

\interface\1.0\schema2.xsd

Both are referring to CentralTypes.XSD located in the following path:

\types\1.1\CentralTypes.XSD

From Schema1.XSD and Schema2.XSD the refernce to CentralTypes.XSD is given using a relative path, thus

path ..\..\..\types\1.1\CentralTypes.XSD is used from schema1.XSD and

path ..\..\types\1.1\CentralTypes.XSD is used from schema2.XSD

(Notice the difference in relative path ..\..\.. versus ..\..)

My question is then what should I populate the Source Field of the CentralTypes.XSD entry with in order for both references to work?

Is there any solution other than alter the original schema files and use some kind of absolute path?

Kind regards Johan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johann,

the source field is just treated as a string.

In your case you would either have to edit one of the referring schemas before uploading it (adjusting the schemaLocation) or you have to upload the referred schema twice as External Definition with two different values for the source fields.

I expect both solutions to work without problems.

Greetings

Stephan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Sorry, but the standard documentation does not at all explain this scenario where you have two different relative paths to the same absolute path, as in my problem description...

//Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I am not sure how this can be resolved. Btw, I have given the link to the wrong page of the documentation, here's the right link and once again, just read the last two paragraphs, they might give you some idea(i.e. if haven't already read it!)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Have you already read this documentation, it also gives an example along with it, here's the link (go through the last two paragraphs in this page:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sushumna