cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Metadata in SAP BASIS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please confirm me whether Adapter Metadata gets stored in SAP BASIS SWC in Enterprose Services Repository?

and if SAP BASIS SWC is not present in ESR , will we be able to see any adapter in DIR?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Harleen Kaur Chadha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harleen,

SAP BASIS SWC gets added during installation, actually SAP ships the required metadata for adaptors in this SWC.

If you see for PI 7.0 and PI 7.1 ,PI 7.1 ehp1 , with every PI release SAP ships a separate BASIS component,

which are specific to enhancements in that release.

Example :The changes in the parameters which you see during the configuration of adapters (take for instance idoc packaging radio button in sender IDOC channel) are all containt in the SAP BASIS SWC.

SAP BASIS SWC is not present in ESR , will we be able to see any adapter in DIR

you will get an error with the note like adapter metadata not available , this i noticed when our system

was updated to PI 7.1 to PI 7.11 and the error got rectified when we added the SAP BASIS 7.11 componets.

So obviously its very much needed.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please confirm me whether Adapter Metadata gets stored in SAP BASIS SWC in Enterprose Services Repository? - Yes

if SAP BASIS SWC is not present in ESR , will we be able to see any adapter in DIR? - No

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your understanding is correct.

Regards,

Prateek

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> and if SAP BASIS SWC is not present in ESR , will we be able to see any adapter in DIR?

SAP BASIS must be available in ESR as it is part of the installation/upgrade process to import it.

If it is missing, your installation is not complete.

If the adapter meta data in SAP BASIS are missing, you cannot configure any comminucation channel in IR.