cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the Web Dnpro component from the Source code ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please help me to find out the WD Component Name from the Source Code?

Regards

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

Please elaborate your question.

you can check tcodes se80,se84

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currently working on SRM upgradation project from 5.0 to 7.0 .

For some of the screens / Field there are no Technical info-> More field help. For those screens how do i find the WD Component name.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It seems like you should always be able to right mouse click and choose More Field Help. What are you seeing when you right mouse click?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

you can get the webdynpro application name from the context menu properties of the screen.

Right click on the screen -> Properties -> Address -> you can see webdynpro application name.

Get webdynpro component name from SE84 -> webdynpro->webdynpro Applications -> execute.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Vasundhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasundara,

For some of the screens there is no 'webdynpro application name' via Address.

For those screens how do i find the WD component name . Any Idea?

Regards

Anil

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are able to right mouse click and see Properties, then this is the browser context menu and not the Web Dynpro one. Web Dynpro overrides the browser context menu. If you can see Properties (the browser context menu), then this isn't even a web dynpro application. It is some other technology.

As I asked earlier, what do you see when you right mouse click?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomos,

When i right clik on the screen i see the following line by line.

-Back

-forward

-save background as

-set as background

-copy background

-set as desktop item

-select all

-Paste

-create shotcut

-add to favorites

-view source

-encoding

-print

-refresh

-export to microsoft excel

-properties

I have mentioned every thing i see when ever i right click on the screen.

--Anil

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If that is what you see when you right mouse click in the application area, then this is NOT a Web Dynpro ABAP application. That is the browser context menu. Web Dynpro ABAP overrides the browser context menu with its own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here my requirement is to hide some of the tabs ( Alerts and Notification tabs) and two buttons on the screen as a part of SRM upgradation from 5.0 to 7.0. For this i need to answer some thing to the Functional consultants .

Can i fullfill the requirement , i mean is this posible to solve the requirement in other way ? Please suggest.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think first you need to be sure what technology you are even working with. As stated above, if you are seeing that context menu then you aren't even working on Web Dynpro ABAP. It is difficult to guide you on capabilities in WDA, if you aren't sure you are working on a WDA application.

Answers (0)