Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM 59 in Proxy scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have a proxy to file scenario.

Do I have to create SM 59 transaction details mandatorily ? There are already existing proxy to file scenarios from the same SAP syatem in the development server. So someone would have already created the RFC Destination. Or should I do it now ?

Again, I guess without creating RFC destination, we will not be able to see the interfaces while using client proxy and creating proxy using T code SPROXY. Is my understanding correct ?

Also when we are dealing with server proxies then do we have to go for RFC Destinations ?

Regards

Ajith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is already an RFC destination present, then no need to create it again.

For server proxy, you can create RFC destination in PI. But it is not mandatory, you may provide the path prefix directly as well.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

Thanks a lot.

One more doubt regarding path prefix.

Where do you provide it ? In receiver communication channel ? And what exactly it is ? Is it /sap/XI/engine/?type=entry

Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we use this path prefix in XI receiver adapter , if you are working with Server Proxy,

even we have to maintain the path prefix details of PI and ECC while Creating Destinations.

SEARCH IN SDN for step by step docs, if you have access to SM59 trasaction yoo can do that elae contact basis team.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

> One more doubt regarding path prefix.

> Where do you provide it ? In receiver communication channel ? And what exactly it is ? Is it /sap/XI/engine/?type=entry

For Server proxy we will create receiver Communication channel of adapter type as XI.

In receiver communication channel path option is there, here we can provide this.

Check this links for path prefix purpose

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/85/78af1bf407434796aaf8dbd6d4e7b7/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/89/b5553bf3a76258e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Ramesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, in the receiver channel. The value can be

/sap/xi/engine?type=entry for SAP system WAS 6.40 OR /sap/xi/engine?type=receiver for SAP system WAS 6.20.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

the connetion are for systems, once RFC destination is maintained for you PI system in SAP system and vice versa.Then no need to create again the connection for the similare scenario.Do a connection test in SM59 to test the same or configure your new scenario and test.

I guess without creating RFC destination, we will not be able to see the interfaces while using client proxy and creating proxy using T code SPROXY. Is my understanding correct ?

In SPROXY you will see the PI ESR content.There is no link between the RFC connection for systems and SPROXY.

But there are some RFC destination to be created to enable SAP system to connect to ESR when you execute the SPROXY tcode.

If your facing issues like the Service interface/SWCV which is there in ESR is not visible in SPROXY then please check.

If a connection to the Integration Repository could not be established at the start of the transaction, you can ascertain more exactly what went wrong, and fix this problem (or have it fixed), by choosing Goto ® Connection Test.On connection test you will get a description of what is missing and create it accordingly

refer the configuration guide.https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001697502004E.PDF

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Yes, the XI message will be transferred to PI using an RFC destination (of type H HTTP to ABAP system). If there are other proxy scenarios towards PI you don't need to do it again.

Regards,

Rudy