cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling local language for client (Marathi Language)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I want to enable Marathi language in IDES 6.0 (SQL 2005 Server, Unicode System).

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Satyajit Raskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Foregin lanaguage not supported by SAP, can be still enabled only in reports.

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, the language Marathi can be also used as logon language, but SAP does not deliver translation of standard user interface.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean with "enable"? If your system is Unicode then your users can enter any character, also in Marathi language.

If you're searching for a ready translated system then you're lost. SAP doesn't deliver that language.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I mean to log into the SAP system using MR (Marathi) and not any kind of conversion to be done.

I have added the language using I18N and added zsca/sintalled_language parameter to the instance profile. Referring Note 73606

Any other steps to proceed with the configuration?

Regards,

Sat

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Actually I mean to log into the SAP system using MR (Marathi) and not any kind of conversion to be done.

This is not possible by default. As I said that language is not delivered so it can't be imported.

For standard delivered languages check

http://service.sap.com/globalization

--> Language Information

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I can see the local language option, what would be it used for in the system? Can I make any use of it?

Can I be able to print ABAP reports in the local language?

Regards,

Sat

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I can see the local language option, what would be it used for in the system? Can I make any use of it?

SAP delivers by default only "English and German". If you want to add further languages they have to be imported from the language DVDs. Marathi is not part of those delivered languages.

> Can I be able to print ABAP reports in the local language?

Yes, you can print but you have to translate everything yourself.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Can you please let me know the relevant notes for the translation?

Regards,

Sat

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no note for this, all that is done using transaction SE63.

However, don't consider this to be an 'easy and quick' task. You'll have to translate everything (units, messages, popups, texts...) in the full system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/77/5719d2492011d1894a0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Thanks for the link, will got through it.

I just referred a few notes like 895560, which has mentioned about configuring Hindi, Marathi and other languages.

Do you have any idea about this?

Regards,

Sat

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I just referred a few notes like 895560, which has mentioned about configuring Hindi, Marathi and other languages.

> Do you have any idea about this?

This note describes what's technically possible - based on the assumption that users log on in English and use foreign characters (addresses, texts etc.) in their native/local language.

There is no ready-made translation available, you may contact SAP India if they have a language package for those languages so you don't need to start translating the system from scratch.

Markus