SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power factor calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I want some suggestion from you that how I should move further the condition is this

we ware calculating our Power Factor round off after 2 decimal(EG PF=0.98) but now we want to calculate it for after 3 decimal (EG PF= 0.984) . we already complete one year Billing and invoicing but and Now we want to maintain it for the PF after 3 decimal.So, if we maintain PF for after 3 decimal then this will be in different slab . So, it can be incentive of penalty for the customer .

So, how can I maintain show the effect on last 12 month without reverse the order . and we are planning to create a manual bill for last 12 month but the main issue is how to calculate it . any suggestion or is u don't understand my question then reply i will try to explain it more.

Regards,

Khurram Siddique

3 REPLIES 3

dhiraj_kathet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

What I understand from your problem is that your concern is more related to logical calculation implementation rather than billing configuration.

You want to have a new power factor with 3 decimals places which you can easily apply for future billing, but for previous period that already have been billed you want to apply this new PF factor without reversing the bills.

As you are creating the manual bills, I would suggest to make the calculation as below,

Suppose previos PF = 0.98

New PF = 0.984

Your previos Active power = Reactive power * 0.98 "This has already been billed"

To caculate additional active power which would have been billed in case of 0.984, use your manual bill as,

Additional active power = Reactive power * 0.004 = X

now apply charges on this X value to get the additional charge.

Thanks,

Dhiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

As I say we already billed our consumer from last one year by the Power factor that is capture after 2 decimal ( pf=.98) and make invoice on this calculation . But now I have to change our PF in after 3 decimal (PF=.984) . So my calculation will be change and PF incentive and PF panellty amount will be change. So, manual bill we can not create for one year and for 1 lakh of consumer . Can any other option for this issue .

Regards,

Khurram Siddique

Edited by: Sid on Jul 6, 2010 7:41 AM

0 Kudos

Hi

If I understood correctly you want to bill the customer an adjustment for the last year due to the fact that the PF had been calculated with 2 decimals instead of 3. If this is the case this is the approach I would take:

1. Change the PF opernad to 3 decimals.

2. Create and ABAP program that will do the following

- select all installations that have a power factor and a contract

- for each installation read each billing document from one year ago until today

for each billind document

- get the billing period (ERCH-AB and ERCH-BIS dates)

-execute FM ISU_SIMULATION_PERIOD_BILL

- this will produce a simulation billing document

- then you can calculate the differece between the actual billing document and the simulated billing document

- using the difference (which can be done line by line or total difference) create a manual billig document using FM ISU_S_MANUBILL_CREATE.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Toba

http://www.sap-isu.net - The SAP IS-U community