cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access the Web Dynpro Application on Internet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new for Web Dynpro in ABAP.

Please help me out the,

How to access the Web Dynpro Application on Internet?

If I will try the url on internet it is not opening any webpage(page not found).

Thanks

Chinni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It could be the case that configuration for accessing web dynpro applications is not proper!

Please go through the following link on how to do the required configuration:

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/43/e86de5008b4d9ae10000000a155369/content.htm]

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Srilatha

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chinni,

this is probably because the server that your URL is pointing to is not on the internet.

It is rare that NetWeaver servers are exposed directly to the internet. Usually you would do some kind of redirection using another server.

If you search this forum, you will find thread where others have discussed the use of external facing Web Dynpro ABAP applications. And you'll also find a few reservations about the whole idea. Personally, I'd not use WDA for an externally facing internet application - it's not "flash" enough, and that is I believe one of its strengths (it is consistent, a pattern that can be learnt and reused).

Good luck - but also do consider carefully why you are creating an external facing site - and be very careful with any licensing issues that may arise (if you do not authenticate your users)!

Chris