Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Merge Role Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have role based security architecture implemented , for each like HR role HR_USER , HR_MANAGER , PAYROLL_USER , PAYROLL_ADMIN , each role menu have common folder structure but with common or different txn/authorization in different folders(menu folders).

Currently if I assigned two role ( Business role) to one user , he is having multiple folder under <user menu for xxxx user> with same name like <Human resource>, some time it is diffcult for user to find which txn exist in which role menu

Please suggest is there any recommended way to merge role menu.

Note : I dont want to merge role as they should be assigned seprately if user is responsible for multiple business role.

Thank you.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sri and Jurjen.

Keeping differet name for each role menu folder is not possible as I have so may role.

I am sure it is possible without merging role but looking for procedure , Please help.

Regards

Arif

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quershi,

Instead of common folder, try to have different naming convention.

Human resource1

Human resource2

or

Use the compress button bottom right on Menu tab screen in PFCG

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

> Use the compress button bottom right on Menu tab screen in PFCG

That won't help OP as they are different roles. Compressing only works if the problem exists within one role.

0 Kudos

Quershi,

Forgot to mention that compress button works within the single role. If at all in your role if you have same folder name is repeated you can use compress button.

But for two different roles,you can go with different naming convention.

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sri and Jurjen.

Keeping differet name for each role menu folder is not possible as I have so may role.

I am sure it is possible without merging role but looking for procedure , Please help.

Regards

Arif

0 Kudos

Hi,

Lots of info here:

0 Kudos

Tank you all

Regards

Arif