cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to the SAP .Net arena. I'm trying to connect to SAP but, I'm getting the following error and I'm not sure how to resolve it. Please advise

{System.NullReferenceException}

[System.NullReferenceException]: {System.NullReferenceException}

HelpLink: Nothing

InnerException: Nothing

Message: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Source: "SAP.Connector"

StackTrace: " at SAP.Connector.SAPClient.RfcInvoke(String method, Object[] methodParamsIn)

at SAP.Connector.SAPClient.SAPInvoke(String method, Object[] methodParamsIn)

at SAPProxyDll3.SAPProxyDll3.Z_Bapi_Get_Web_Audit(String G_Audit_App, String G_Audit_Id, ZESAUDIT& G_Auditline, BAPIRET2Table& Return) in
Cpatlfs01\cpgusers\wjgraham\Visual Studio Projects\SAPProxyDll3\SAPProxyDll3.cs:line 63

at test.Connector.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something you pass seems to be uninitialized, but you don't give enough information to guess what you do (e.g. source code of your call). Anyway I recommend that you use SAP .NET Connector version 2.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that I need to set up the parameters that will allow my proxy to access SAP. EX. connection string, destination, password and so on. Can you recommend a site that will show me the syntax to set up these parameters?

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you don't mind, but I moved your question from the SDN Suggestions Forum to this one on .NET Technologies as I think this will be more likely to get you an answer.

Best Regards,

David