cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPML Service Provisioning Markup Language, schema.xml file missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to use the SPML to create/add users to the UME (User Management Engine). It works to that extent that the users are added, and the standard fields can be set, first name, last name, email, phone and a few other fields. However, I need to set some custom fields on the tab with the swedish label "Konfigurerad information" (configured information?). In the administration for the WAS you find a "schema.xml" as the default configuraiton file for the SPML service. According to the documentaiton the file should be found at the J2EE filessytem. I can't find the file, I have looked in two different installations with SP16 (where is the file to be found?). Is it possible to configure the SPML service to accept custom fields?

Best regards

/Otto Frost

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are already on 7.0 SP15 or above; i could find the schema.xml file in the configtool. you would have to change to edit mode and browse to the com.sap.ume.security tab to find the schema.xml file.

I am not sure though if it can be customized but i think the fields point to the corresponding SAP fields on the UME and so every field that exists on the SAP UME can be interpreted by the other SAP IDM application.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frost,

I am too trying to use SPML.

I have installed the NetWeaver SPS14, it is supporting for SPML. I knew how to call the SPML service - using SOAP with SAAJ.

Pls give me any suggestions to SPML implementation.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos