Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1) Two SLoc's - A002 (Non HU) & B002(HU) -- Issue in HU02 2) VLMOVE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Team!

Please help with the below -

I have created 2 storage locations for a plant 1) A002 which is non-HU managed 2) B002 HU managed.

I create the HU's in transaction HU02 with only the stg loc A002 and no destination B002 at this time.I want to use VLMOVE.

After creating the HU's in A002, I was asked, "if HU's can be created in A002, then why not ship it as well". I was tested a full cycle Created delivery and, packed and PGI done all from A002.

Q - I think system should not allow right - where am I going wrong?

Next - When I try to do a VLMOVE using 311 , if I put in the HU number and the SLoc B002(HU managed) and click on "post goods movement it works,

BUT - If I use the tabs "Source material and enter matl # src SLoc A002, then tab "Destn material" with SLoc B002 (HU managed) - it gives a hard error "SLoc B002 not maintained in table T001L"

Any help on these 2 resolutions will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

BS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created 2 storage locations for a plant 1) A002 which is non-HU managed 2) B002 HU managed.

I create the HU's in transaction HU02 with only the stg loc A002 and no destination B002 at this time.I want to use VLMOVE.

After creating the HU's in A002, I was asked, "if HU's can be created in A002, then why not ship it as well". I was tested a full cycle Created delivery and, packed and PGI done all from A002.

Q - I think system should not allow right - where am I going wrong?

Why system should not allow it? Why do you think system wrong? HU-managed SLoc is an option, it is not mandatory if HUM is in use.

A huge difference between HU-managed SLoc and non HU-managed SLoc is that in HU-managed SLoc stock level and HUs are consistent which is not true for non HU-managed SLoc.

Please read Ely's message:

Next - When I try to do a VLMOVE using 311 , if I put in the HU number and the SLoc B002(HU managed) and click on "post goods movement it works,

BUT - If I use the tabs "Source material and enter matl # src SLoc A002, then tab "Destn material" with SLoc B002 (HU managed) - it gives a hard error "SLoc B002 not maintained in table T001L"

I'm not sure what you are doing here...did you give the receiving plant? (if I dont't give the receiving plant only the receiving SLoc, I get the same error)

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 30, 2010 10:09 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 30, 2010 10:10 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 30, 2010 10:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba, Arup and Kiran,

At the outset I highly appreciate all of your very prompt and kind responses.

I have a detailed config and transaction screens what I have done. I want to be as clear as possible.But not sure where to enclose it here..Please let me know and I can attach it.

We have a wonderful set of team and brains who could help each other.

Arup and Kiran:

I had done config settings as you had suggested, even then I am getting this issue.

Hi Csaba:

Reg non HU SLoc / HU SLoc- I did not think the system has done anything wrong, I have no authority to blame the system at any point of time, but it is obvious that something is wrong somewhere, may be due to my ignorance. The only question is if A002 is Non HU managed, the HUu2019s from A002 were used as HUu2019s and PGI was done.

The question came up -When system can do the PGI out of 1 SLoc why do we need to take all the trouble of moving it into another HU managed SLoc.

SAP clearly says define 2 SLOcu2019s one as HU managed and the Non HU managed as partner SLoc.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reg non HU SLoc / HU SLoc- I did not think the system has done anything wrong, I have no authority to blame the system at any point of time, but it is obvious that something is wrong somewhere, may be due to my ignorance. The only question is if A002 is Non HU managed, the HUu2019s from A002 were used as HUu2019s and PGI was done.

The question came up -When system can do the PGI out of 1 SLoc why do we need to take all the trouble of moving it into another HU managed SLoc.

SAP clearly says define 2 SLOcu2019s one as HU managed and the Non HU managed as partner SLoc.

Please understand that HUM can be used w/o setting HUM requirement for SLoc (I'm not speaking (specifically) about partner SLoc, I'm speaking about SLoc w/o HUM requirement generally).

What's the difference between HU-managed and non HU-managed SLoc was already explained to you.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 1, 2010 8:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK..Thanks.

If anybody can tell me how to attach a document, I will send the document with what exactly I am facing.

Also, I need to have an ALPHA / NUMERIC external number range fior HU. i KNOW THERE IS USER EXIT TO CHANGE - NUMC20 to CHAR20 iin configuration "Ext Identification" --> number range etc...

Appreciaqte if you could give the steps so that I can tell my ABAP codING person to follow and let us see how it goes.

Without this it seems to be a huge problem. This is in version 4.6C

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

The enhancement to make changes to the Handling unit number external identification is EXIT_SAPLV51S_001.

It is a small enhancement and I am sure your ABAP coder would be able to help you out else do let me know.

Thanks,

Arup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arup,

Thanks much.

I have forwarded it to my ABAP person. I will keep you posted.

Also for packaging materials , can I have different number ranges for PALLET, CARTON?

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arup,

The feedback regarding the exit i sthat , it works for higher versions and not for 4.6C or 4.7.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Naveen...

The user exit is present in 4.6c. It allows you to change the HU header details.

Go to SMOD and then enter packing in the i/p field. Here you would get the F.M EXIT_SAPLV51S_001. Make your changes for the HU details in this function module.

Thanks,

Arup

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK..Thanks for the response.

Now the technical person tried and said it worked..but he says it is useful only for the "HU Identification 2": field,( 3rd one from the top i.e after packing materials field) but the main "HU identification" field on the top does not change.

My requirement is to have the main "HU Identification" fileld at the very top to be ALPHA NUMERIC., so that I can scan all HU numbers in alpha numeric.

Please throw some light on this or if you can walk me thro the steps it would be great...

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a table CS_HU_HEADER which can be changed. This has the field EXIDV which is the external identification number.

Manipulate this to get the desired output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arup,

Now - we did as per your recommendation. We gave AB1 in the EXIDV. When we do it in the back ground it seems to be working, but when I go to HU02 and enter the HU number as AB2 or AB3etc it says not in number range interval. Not sure where we are going wrong..but as an aside FYI , in configuration , number ranges for HU, it is still "NUMC20" and not "CHAR". The field has been greyed out in 4.7 , but allows us to change in ECC 6.0 (please see below in config settings)

Could this be the issue?

Best Regards

Config settings

"Object HU_VEKP No. range object has intervals

Short text Handling Unit ID

Long text Number Range for External Handling Unit Identification

To-year flag

*Number length domain NUMC20*

No interval rolling

Number range transaction HUEX

Warning % 5.0

Main memory buffering No. of numbers in buffer 50"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your ABAP programmer to handle the field conversion in the user exit. that should tackle the problem.

Generally in background mode there are conversion routines which handle the conversion.

I unfortunately do not have access to your system so would not be able to help you out with the interval ranges but I should assume that should not be a problem.

Hope this answer helps.

Thanks,

Arup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arup,

Great!!!!!!

It works. It allows me to use any combination of ALPHANUMERIC.

Highly appreciate your time and help!!!

We also wrote to SAP and they got back saying that std SAP doe snot allow alpha numeric and it is not possible. I will give you the note number when it gets released. But they gave us a way out and also made clear they don't support..

Again , appreciate for everything.

Thanks to others as well on this team.. for your responses.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad i could help..

Thanks,

Arup

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check config for A002.Please uncheck packing and handling unit management for this location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SPRO- Logistics general-HU Mgmt - Basics - MM - Inv Mgmt - Hu Reqmt for storage location and default values for deliveries.

Check your plant and then click on Storage Location on the right hand side.

Here set the following details:

1. Partner storage location.

2. Sales org.

3. Dist Channel.

4. DIvision.

5. Set the HU requirement for the storage location here.

Thanks,

Arup