cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM mass role import - not importing all the roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are configuring GRC AC 5.3 SP11and are currently trying to import roles into the ERM. The system reads the three files (roles, information, and organization" and the job is run in a "successfull" way. However, not all the jobs are being uploaded. For example, out of a total of 300 roles, only 24 roles were uploaded. Afterwards, I tried again to import the roles using the exact same files I initially used, but this time, 35 roles were imported. Does anyone know why this happens and how to solve it? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arias, There could be a couple of reasons:

1. If you have derived roles, possibly the child role was attempted to be imported before the parent role. During the first import, the child role failed but the parent role imported. Then, on the second run the parent role was already there and the child role could be imported successfully. The way I get around this is to first create a parent role extract/import, then do a child extract/import.

2. Potentially the same problem as above but for composite and single role imports. You could load the single roles first, then the composite.

Best Regards, Dylan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Thanks for your answer. I am not importing either derived neither composite roles, I am including only single roles for the import. Also, all the roles have the same process, subprocess, and project/release...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arias,

There should be a log of each role that gets imported if you run it in the foreground. What messages are being issued for the roles that did not import?

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is weird. When I run the job on the foreground it throws an error that says "Non treated error, n/a". But when I run it on the background, it runs well and throws no mistakes....

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Most of the time the import fails because the role attributes don't match your definition. Please make sure you use the attribute ID (the first field when you create one) in the uload sheet, and not the description.

Please check if your 24 roles have something (like a business process) in common that made their import work. Then you might be able to see what's different for the rest.

Frank.