cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating an invoice for Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

Sorry for asking so many questions lately...but I am pretty much solo...and I am digging in to areas I am not thant familiar with...those of you that have been patient and responding...I want to say thank you....

Here is my NEW issue. This is a high level overview...

We have a Repair Sales order that is sales order type ZDAS for customer repairs

When the service has been completed the repair sales order has the different item category groups

They are

ZDRS

ZDRE

ZDRP

ZDAL

ZDIN

ZDIN is the billing request line item . This is the item category that when invoicing looks at it bills, It is generated from DP90 transaction.

The Finance dept is now receiving errors when trying to create an accounting document. The error says the following:

5XXXXXXXX 010000 Item Category ZDAS ZDRS cannot be invoiced with billing type ZFR.

5XXXXXXXX 010000 Item Category ZDAS ZDRE cannot be invoiced with billing type ZFR.

5XXXXXXXX 010000 Item Category ZDAS ZDRP cannot be invoiced with billing type ZFR.

5XXXXXXXX 010000 Item Category ZDAS ZDAL cannot be invoiced with billing type ZFR.

These are not billable line items...one is fir the creation of the service notification, one is for the goods receipt one is for the confirmation and one is for the outbound delivery.

It should only be looking at the ZDIN (billing request) line item. This has not happened before and not sure how it started or if it could be an end user process issue.

I looked in VTAF and also in VOV8... copy control looked ok to me. ...and so did the ZDAS Sales order type in VOV8.

I went ahead and tried to add the items in copy control for the item categories as there was only ZDIN. When testing...I get a warning that "item categories above" are not billable,,,they are not...so anyone with any clue how this is happening???

We are tryingto do year end and this is hot...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to make the respective item categories as not relevant for billing in VOV7 and check the process. Hopefully it should resolve your problem.

Thanks n Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad...thanks for responding but no....this is already set to not relevant for billing on the reference item categories,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I looked in VTAF and also in VOV8... copy control looked ok to me.

- Check/Maintain your copying control in tcode VTFA for ORDER to BILLING and VTFL for DELV TO BILLING.

- Moreever, Itemt to be billed, the I Cat should be relevant for billing.

- If you are using Billing Plan, in your billing plan line item, check what is the billing doc maintained for Billing.

- There may be mistake in take a reference doc for creation of billing

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kimberly

The problem could be happening becasue of a mix of delivery-related billing items and order related billing items in the order.

First things first:

1) Check if Sales order ZDAS has been set up with Billing types for both Order and delivery related billing types- VOV8.

2) Check if Delivery related billing item cats have been covered in Copying control: Delivery document to billing document. And

order related ones in Copying control: Sales document to billing document.

3) Set up the problem item cats ZDRS, ZDRE, ZDRP, ZDAL with Billing relevance of D-Relevant for pro forma.

4) Then set up the Copying control: Sales document to billing document: VTFA: for those item cats.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further, as a temporary recourse, you may try assigning reasons for rejection ( Use appropriate one: VN in the standard for example) so that these items don't bother you during billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion. I will let you know if it works after testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did not correct the issue...still same error when creating an invoice.

Also tried to reject line items and it did not work as there are dollars already associated with the service order, When rejecting gave error that repair order 4XXXXX does not allow

Edited by: Kimberly Blair on Jun 30, 2010 6:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm..

Did you try with a fresh order after changes?

The only other suggestion I have is to run report RVV05IVB. Run it only for specific documents (numbers). Review OSS note 128947 once before using the report.

128947 - Correction of SD document indexes with RVV05IVB

Also please post this in CS forum for better direction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried the program...same error when creating an invoice,

Still trying to resolve this issue..so I found more information wanted to share unless it gives different advice as what to do...

Keep in mind that not all the RMA's are like this. We even backed out the transactions; created new RMA's and receive the error...

The only thing I can think of is the difference between the RMA's that work and these several that does not is the follwoing:

The material was sent in a while back and repair was done. They were shipped using our account with UPS, however it was suppose to be used by the customer account with DHL. Since these are going to Italy, the freight charges were on ourcompany dime...plus never reached their destination...so the end user created another RMA to bring them back and since these materials (all to the same customer) left our premises they went back in for Material check via RMA, Service Notification, and Service Order. This customer has a service contract with us and their under a 100% warranty. We are charging them only freight cost. So I tried creating the RMA without refernce to the service contract to see if that would help in our QAS client, but to no avail. When performing the DP90 transaction (billing request) the pricing condtion table for 100% discount for the labor it took to recheck unit.

Like I said this is not on all RMA's just these.