cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Configure your engine/sdm correctly!

0 Kudos

I know there are many related postings concerning this topic, but looking at them I didn't find a solution to my problem.

I installed the Web AS Sneak Preview. The installation went fine. I updated the Netweaver Dev. Studio to Version 2.0.5 as downloaded from the SDN. When trying to deploy the example program "Welcome" as described in the getting started documentation I received this error: "Oct 11, 2004 9:07:39 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Deploy Thread] ERROR:

Welcome.ear -> Deployment aborted

Reason:

Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !"

I checked the NDS configuration under Window->Preference->SAP J2EE Engine and tried both of the following options:

x SAP J2EE Engine in installed on remote host.

Message Server: i123456f4

Message Server Port: 3601

x SAP J2EE Engine is installed on local host.

System Name: J2E

J2EE Instance: 0

SCS Instance: 1

I123456F4\sapmnt\J2E\SYS\profile\J2E_JC00_i123456f4

I123456F4\sapmnt\J2E\SYS\profile\J2E_SCS01_i123456f4

Can you please advise on how to get this resolved?

Thanks, Bernd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

I am having the same issue "Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Configure your engine/sdm correctly!" while deploying the web dynpro application from developer studio.

I have verified the process table on SAP J2EE server and it says that SDM is running. Can you please help. Any advice / suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Sanjay Gera

0 Kudos

I think I figured it out. For some reason the SDM wasn't started by the MMC. Since I was not able to start the SDM via MMC, I started it manually via DOS prompt "StartServer". After that the deployment of the application worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I aslo encountered the same problem you specified. Can you please explain in detail how you resolved the issue. Also, which option did you use, SAP J2EE installed on remote server or locally installed.

I'm using the first option (installed on remote server)and have specified the host name and port but I still get the error below:

Mar 3, 2006 3:21:49 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[007]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try updating the hosts file:

C:\<WINDOWS-version>\system32\drivers\etc

Append the following line:

<localhost IP> name of the localhost.

e.g.

10.590.789.10 remotehost

Reboot your PC, be sure all threads of the J2EE Engine are running and try to deploy again.

Regards

Gino

jonathon_sells3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gino,

Thanks, The host file worked!

We cloned a Developer Workplace (Windows XP) instance to a VMWare server and were not able to Deploy using the Developer Studio.

What was weird is that we could using the SDM GUI tool with out an issue.

Thanks again,

Jon